Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help! poetry and prose

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 9, 08 at 10:28

does anyone have a poem, verse or mythological story pertaining to women, as mothers, sisters and daughters? Anything that speaks to strength love and womanhood? Can you share that with me? I'm desireing to make 2 assemblage/shrines one for my sister and one for my mother. And I'm looking for the right.... words and feeling to build around. Difficult for me as I'm not a sappy type and am not SUPER connected to them but would like to convey a feeling that I do care and am one of them... I'm considered cold in my family... can you make me look better? LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose 2

oh, hey, I don't mean to say that you're sappy if you go for all that stuff... just that I feel like a sap when I'm asked to be close and all sisterhoodish... it's not me

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose

Here's some syrupy junk for ya.
Do a google on "writings for motherhood"

Here is a link that might be useful: Sappy Crap about Moms and stuff

o
thought

Hey, you could always just browse through a Hallmark store!

o

wow,... I feel nauseated... thanks

o

Yeah, and I'll bet the CRY when you give it to them,too.

SmileyCentral.com

You SURE you want to do this???????????????

maria

o
idea

Drop it on their doorstep and RUN!!!

o

Ok, how about, "I ain't no sap, can't write that crap, "Sisterhood!". Yo. SmileyCentral.com

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose 3

LMAO RAMONA!!!!!

I don't live near, I'll be shipping them!

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose 4

OK... this is based on guilt. My MIL is the only one to ever ask for my art. and I've never made anything for my own family, eventually they hear about my giving his family something or my stepMom something (cause she visits here) and peoples feelings get hurt. Christmas day was a volley of emails of sister saying how she wants a relationship with me blah blah blah... geez I answer the damn phone when she calls! crap... Okay, I was flippant said something along the lines of "too busy cleaning penis enlargements emails out of my junk folder..." I guess she wasn't in a joking mood. ...

okay, I'm crappy. but I figured if I made something for them both then I would have some good credit points for awhile

o

I feel for ya NT...I was the jerk, too. No bros or sisters, but in my mom's family they did this round robin of calling the aunts, cousins etc.. EVERY night Sheesh...

good luck

Maria

o
sho nuff

I understand where you're coming from.
I don't own anything pink, or flowerdy and I'm embarrassed sometimes when people try to express their feelings.
Some folks though, need that. Christmas is a family time and it brings out those feelings. Yes, something YOU make for them will speak volumes, even if you don't say a word.

o

LOL!!! rchovey, can I quote you on that!!!
Kind of like this comic I once read about writing sympathy cards..."Heard you lost someone dear. Shake it off and have a beer".

o
oops..

Oh, man...I hope someone didn't just lose a dear one...now I feel like a jerk. sorry.

o

snicker ... hey laughter IS the best medicine!

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose 2

lots of great stuff in Paganism!!!!

ref to Goddess and Devine Queen... mixed in with mother, daughter , sister

how about, "no language can express the power and beauty..." and Mothers give roots and wings..."

probably best if
I leave out the stuff about my not respecting the career move as a nude performance artist...

o

RCHOVEY!!! And You are the Gal who wrote our Motto!?!? LOL!
Hmmm, I may have to make another mosaic plaque...can it fit on a 6"ball???

o

Oh nice I feel for ya...we are not a huggy bunch on my side of the family. Now I have no problem hugging my son or my hubby but outside of that I kinda seem to have a wall around me...

Hope you find the saying you want. I gotta tell you. I always buy the funny cards cause I CANNOT stand to buy a sappy card that DOESNT say what I feel...if I felt it I would buy it but if its a lie I cant do it...man it makes it hard sometimes doesnt it!!!! Oh but I can cry over a freakin commercial!!!!!

I made this gift for you
from my heart and my hands
its my way to say the things
that only my heart understands
Often I dont share what I hold so close and dear
so I hope this helps you see my love
over distances and through the years

Donna

o

I'm so clipping that chick!! Beautiful. REALLY

o

OH OH that's beautiful... now I see symbolism of heart tiles Thank you Chickee

o

awww your welcome....I sometimes have those moments!!!! I need to write the darn thing down so I can remember it myself!!! Its one of those spur of the moment things that comes to me.

o

Chickee...you're making me look bad. Good poetry though. May I use that one?

o

rchovey...that cant make you look bad. Yours was awesome!!!

Yes you can use it...I'll expect my royalties check in the mail though!! Ha ha!!!

o

when I stamp that onto a tile, must I include a little "Chickeemama" in italics? LOL that would forever baffle my mother... hmmmmmmmmm (snicker)

o

No Nice you dont have to include that...just put a little chickadee stamp on it that will do!!!! Dont forget my check though!!!!

o

SmileyCentral.com

o
RE: need help! poetry and prose 5

SmileyCentral.com

o

I'm trying to catch up on 5 days of posts and I just wanted to say Donna that I love that poem. I used to use this one with my craft gifts...it's very simple:

Homemade gifts mean so much more,
than stuff you buy from any store.
Enjoy this gift from me to you,
and think of me the whole year through.

Barb

o

NT - Not sure you're interested, but I made a shrine to my DD for her b.d. last year. She had given me all her nursing badges, pins, awards etc., dating over 20 yrs. back to her student days. Wanted me make a mosaic. Since they were laminated, I couldn't think of anything to do w/them but make a collage. Used an old drawer. If interested, I have the contents of the book shown, and have it on a document that is much too long for the forum. I could email it to you. I explains in detail each item and what they mean to the recipient and what all went into the making of the shrine. W/o that, these items mean nothing to anyone but us.
Suzie's Shrine

o

crafty- that is a cute poem...I just might have to use it...where do you want your royalty checks going???!!!

Nice- whats so funny????!!!!!! (ha ha)

o
RE: OOps slows shrine

I forgot to mention Slow how cool that shrine was. I dont know why but I had to read the post again after I looked at the pictures for some reason in my tiny little pea brain when someone says shrine I think they have past on!!! You look like you have a lot of heart and effort in it!!

o

Chickee...you can send it to the same place that you are getting yours! LOL

Slow, that is a wonderful way to represent something special. It is so much nicer than just having it in a scrapbook that not many people will see.

Barb

o

Oh Slow, that's just magnificent. and so meaningful too.
This is going to sound strange but, neither my sister or Mother would appreciate something along those lines...

I can't recall either of them ever owning any art... maybe this is going to be a bad idea afterall...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here