Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Help/Info about a Gryphon Saw

Calamity_J
15 years ago

I hauled this out of the metal bin at work(I work at a recycling depot) and was too tired to plug er in but was wondering if anybody has one like this, who can give me a run down on it. I checked the Gryphon site and the saws there are all plastic and this one os metal, so I,m guessing it is an oldy.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (10)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

mmmmm interesting, looks like a torture device!

the top piece looks like a grinder head? have you emailed the company? send them the pic

• monzamess
    15 years ago

Looks good for getting those REALLY tough stains out!

Ok, Gryphon actually has a list of (all?) their equipment, WITH physical descriptions, in production or not! I never would have expected that. Click here

Do you think it matches this description?
    700 Power Jewelers Saw Gold Aluminum Case Uses standard 5" Jewelers blades.

• monzamess
    15 years ago

followup to my last post:

Eh, that's probably not it, but there are several other items on that link that have "gold aluminum" cases; one may be a match. I bet you could send that picture to Gryphon and a get a response.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

OMG!!!! I plugged it in and it RUNS!!! WHO would throw this away??? I am pretty sure it is the 300 glass saw model, but still have to check with gryphon, and so I am just amazed that I happened upon it before it went into the big metal scrap bin!!! It alsways amazes me what people throw away....

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

It runs? WOW!

let us know if you hear from Gryphon

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

Is it like one of the band type saws? Ive seen similar in the delphi catalog.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yup! As far as I can tell, it just needs a blade. It's in pristine condition, I always wonder about why people want to get rid of perfectly good things...then I remember my pasta maker, stainless steel top o the line, am glad I never used it, would be 600lbs by now!lol! BUT I coulda used it for polymer clay!!! hee hee! I am gonna order a blade and download the instructions for this bad boy...

• emtnest
    15 years ago

You scored BIG TIME!!!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This is what the email said...Yes, that is our model 300. It looks like it is in good shape, missing only the front cover and two springs that provide tension for the blade. You can buy springs locally, and the saw will work without the cover, although you will have to be careful and keep your hands away from the top wheel.

You can download the instructions from our web site, and our current blades will work. We no longer offer the kit for repair of old blades, but the new blades are much better and seldom break.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Wow, you did good !! What a find!