Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
chicken study wip

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 10, 10 at 9:48

well since i have to wait for my substrate to cure I decided to just try a chicken and work or the shading aspects before i start the big project. Besides, I had wanted to do a black and white chicken with printed plates but I didn't have enough to work with and wasn't sure if that would even jive with the whole scheme.

so here is my black and white chicken, and if anyone has a name suggestion I'm in need! thanks

chicken study

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: chicken study wip 2

Started covering it with TG, the black and screened bits were from my old oven door

half glassed chicken

o
RE: chicken study wip 3

I made the comb from polymer clay - LOVE it

I'm lov'n it

o
RE: chicken study wip 4

I grouted the hen in black and white and have started on a back ground

she's grouted

o
RE: chicken study wip

Every time I see one of your projects, I want to find another hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!

o

Awesome! Did I miss something? What is the chicken shape made from? As for a name, how about "Baked Chicken" since some of the pieces came from your oven? HAHA! ~Ann

o

Well Slowmedown do not sell your self short !! You rock and so do you nicethyme!! That is so cool what are you doing it on .I am a little confused .

o

Well I think your chicken clucks. LOL. I love it. The black from the oven door is just enough to make the chicken real looking.

Kat

o

Slow :) stop it! lol

thanks everyone, I'm quite pleased with her. Its just a piece of hardiebacker 10 X 8, I drew on a chicken and the cut out and glued on the word chicken in different sizes, bold and normal. To accentuate the shading and andamento.

o

Here's a cool site for those of us who might not have known what andamento was. It has all the mosaic terms in it..Must add, that chicken is one cool clukker!!!
http://www.mosaicartsource.com/mosaicart/mosaic_art_resource/mosaic_glossary.html#a

o

thanks Dottie!

o

Its name is Words of a Feather

Words of a Feather

o

That is so cool!!!!I just love what you have done ,love the ch wire you used .You know I just love doing mosaics there is just no end to the ideas.Great work!!!

o

You l'il heifer! That is just too danged cute for words. Wish I could see inside your head as you dream up these ideas.

o

argh, I replaced that pic with a better one... when is Gardenweb going to allow us to edit????

here's the new pic

Words of a Feather

o

Done so fast too!!! AWESOME!!!

o

Too danged cute it is!!!!! Love the wire

o

There must be somewhere you can enter that for a grand prize, eh?

o

well there is a call to artists for a show titled Flights of Fancy, at the Ceil Gallary

maybe I'll try it

o

'twill be a winner for sure.

o

So, am I to understand that that is bits of paper with the word "chicken" on them and then covered with tempered glass? Wow, that's a great idea! Beautiful work (and lots of it)
Mattie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here