Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barrell_gw

Titan XL ring saw VS Gryphonn Zephr

barrell
15 years ago

Ok, I have narrowed it down to theese tow ring saws. I have found some good feedback on the Zephr but zero feedback on the Titan xl. Has anyone actualy used both saws and can help me out. I want to pull the trigger in the next couple days.

Comments (7)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Oh Barrel!!! DEF the Titan!!! Hubba Hubbaaaa...ZOWIE!!! OH I WAAAAANT one now!!!! That is the creme d' Le Creme IMO!! I'll tell ya why I think so...it is made from the same company that made my Taurus3, which has a blade that cuts any way you want, AND now they added the nifty feature that is like a tile saw feature, that rolling tray on top and more access to the blade!!!! NICE!!! Oh I'm droolin'!!! LOL!!! When I'm finished being so excited..I'll be awfully jealous!!!heh heh!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

from the videos I've seen , I'd take a gryphon any day - blades are way cheaper and its a quieter machine. Did you watch them cut through rocks? Dahaaaang!

• cacbeary
    15 years ago

Barrell - Check out this thread - don't know if they will allow it here. It says the Titan is a flat ring saw not like the Gryphon or Taurus 3. Both Gryphon & Taurus have great customer service.

A quote 'The Titan is a dedicated straight line cutter.
    Both the Gryphon and Taurus are omnidirectional
    cutters via the ring blade.
    Blade replacement costs are a consideration.
    Blades generally are less in price with Gryphon and
    of same quality.' This person has all 3 ring saws & knows his stuff about glass - he's the Cutter's Mate & BB system inventor.

Like NT said, the gryphon cut through rocks - did you watch the videos on their web site?

Taurus came out with a stabilizer & their blade don't jump off with it now too but their replacement blades are higher than Gryphon.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ring Saw Comparison

• gin_gin
    15 years ago

The Titan and the Zephyr are not really comparable saws. Apples to Oranges. I own the Titan. It is still a ring saw, yes. However it is more for straight cuts and gentle curves. Can only cut on the front & back of the blade. The Taurus is from the same company as the Titan. The Taurus is the one that's comparable to the Zephyr. In fact the Zephyr looks like it was designed to compete directly with the Taurus. Both the Zephyr and Taurus can cut from any direction, can make very intricate cuts with either one.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Which one did you buy???? Got pics yet???

• barrell
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I bought a Zephr but plugged in in and its dead. The motor wont run. Ups is suposed to pick it up and I will be receiving a replacement. Got it for $325 from Maple City.
    I will be getting 4 free grinder wheels from gryphoon as part of their incentive. I am going to try to cut out a whitail buck shiloette in including the antlers out of one piece of black glass.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! How cool...the deer idea that is! The other part sucks...

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths