Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
MAC glue Question

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 09 at 7:25

I've heard a few talk about MAC glue. I also went to MMs and read their bit about it. Does it do as well as GEII outside in all weather conditions??? I live in TN and might give it a try for some things. Thanks

Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MAC glue Question

Hi Kathy! Although I just started to use MAC Glue myself, I've read on this forum and others as well that it is the best for outdoors, snow, rain, sun and everything. It is easy to work with and it goes a long way as well.

o

its expensive though, I only use mine on gog. I haven't used it outdoors though

o

I really like it; I haven't used it for outdoors yet but I have read good things about using it outdoors. It does seem expensive, but if you are careful, it only takes a small amount for each piece. I apply straight from the bottle, and if a too-large amount accidentally comes out, I scrape it up and use it on the next piece.

o

Hi Kathy, After talking with the Tina, who had MAC glue made, I decided t use Mac glue on my post project. Tina has info on her website all about stepping stones she used mac glue on so I went for it.

So far so good, no problem with tess faling off in th the grouting process so heck you can either wait to see what happens to mine, or try something on your own. She says it is made to be used as a MARINE glue so I am thinking wet outght to work not sure about the cold part but.. you might want to go the the macglue site, i think it is macglue.net but not sure

good luck

o

Hi all,

I used Mac glue for the first time this week on a gog project. It was fabulous. I place a small dot on my glass and used a paintbrush to spread it. Don't need to use much so the expense is probably the same as other glass. No streaking on the back, and no grout seepage underneath. Once its dry forget moving the piece though.

Haven't put it outside yet, not sure I can.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here