Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fairy Houses

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 0:46

Has anyone ever done a mosaic on a fairy house?

I have been asked to give a presentation for a Master Gardener workshop the end of February. I want to do something different and one of the hottest new garden trends is to create your own fairy garden...a tiny minature garden. Of course, it is January in Iowa so I can't show one outside right now (mine is under about a foot of snow), but can create a small hypertufa container garden filled with fairy things. Thinking to use tiny birdhouses and turn them into fairy houses. So they need to look "forestry". Like...covering them with polished stones or twigs and covering the roof with evergreen mosses. Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks.

becky

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fairy Houses

Check out this amazing creation I found on a blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Queen's fairy house

o

OMG!!! I LOVE that!!! WOW!!!

o

Here's a suggestion. In Google images, type in gnome houses and check out the selection. They may be more what you're looking for. You can even buy doors for your gnome house.

o

Queens Fairy House is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!!

o

Thank you everyone. I knew I would get some terrific advice here. I was amazed whenI goggled fairy houses images. There are thousands! And I am not thinking of the same scale as mosaicqueen's fairy house, but sure did enjoying reading her blog and viewing her creations.

I am working on a couple right now, and will definately post a picture when I get done. I have some cool ideas running through my head!

Thanks again,

becky

o
RE: Fairy Houses-COMPLETED

Worked all weekend and got six fairy gardens all put together. I created a powerpoint presentation about fairy gardening and fairy lore and printed out handout sheets. I think I am ready for my workshop. As of last Friday, there were 42 people signed up! I hope I can pull this off and look like I know what I am doing! Wish me luck please!

becky

Fairy Garden

Fairy & Bike

Baby Fairy Garden

o

MY GOODNESS, BECKY: I'd say you are waaaaay ready for your workshop. These are the cutest things. I LOVE every one of them, as well as the containers you chose. What a great collection. They'll fit not only in the garden, but on a patio or anywhere, really.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here