Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shrty411

WARNING!! Tear jerker

shrty411
16 years ago

I had to share this with my friends, but it is a tear jerker!

This is a picture of my son's two best friends. They went to the opening of the transformers movie ( this was one of Jason's favorites) anyway they took a couple pictures of him and taped them to the empty seat in between them at the theater. It meant so much to me that they cared so much for him!!Not a great picture, but it's the idea.

One is a picture of the three of them and the other is Jason acting goofy ( as always..hardly any nice pictures of him grown)

Maria

Comments (17)

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Dear Maria:
    Thank you so much for sharing the pictures! and the story!
    When I first read your info page.... my heart went out to you!
    I am glad you have us at the GW! I am glad to have the GW!
    I am glad to know Y O U !!! and
    I guess what I am trying to say...
    God created us... parents... and our children are an extension of us... and the impact that our lives, our children and our family... threads through and interweaves and touches so many lives... and even S T I LL... continues to Reach Out and Touch Others... and makes it all Continue ON and ON and ON....
    Sorry if it sounds confusing ... but I know you
    understand..
    I am trying to say... I think it is " Very Special ~~
    I understand why it means so much to you !" I think God uses each one of us...
    and even when a person is not walking among us...Their Spirit IS !!!! after all God created us... He sent His Son Jesus... and after He left... HE Left us HIS HOLY SPIRIT...
    called " the COMFORTER" and the same idea is with our loved ones...Your Son's Friends still have a part of your son and their friendship ~~ It is a thread that cannot be broken!!!
    There lives CONTINUE to touch us... they are still with us in our Memories.. and there life continues to Touch the ones they met in life...
    and now... even me.!I think I am a better person NOW... having read and knowing this story of your Precious Son and His cool friends and Y O U !!!!
    Your story is continuing and I say....
    Thank You Maria ~ for being a SPECIAL MOM ~ and a wonderful person for continuing the "STORY"
    God Bless You !
    M E R R Y + C H R I S T MAS !!!
    susiesunshine

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

Your son had some great friends :) One of my sons friends had a large cross with my sons name tattooed on his side, made me cry to see it, but a nice cry :) A ((((BIG HUG)))) to you from one mother to another :)

• shrty411
    Original Author
    16 years ago

kudzu sorry about your son, also!! ((((((((((((((HUG)))))))))). I think a bunch of J's fiends also got tattoos, though I haven't seen any of them in over a year . We keep in touch via Jason's myspace page. He set it up when he was in the hospital and I keep it going. They send messages to him and me that way. Really touching sometimes.

Maria

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

oh gosh...

big hugs for you

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Oh Shrty.....what a sweet thing the boys did. How long has Jason been gone? You are right.......it's a tear jerker, tears are rolling down my face this morning.

Kudz......I didn't know you had lost your son too.
    This time of year must be so rough. My heart
    goes out to you both. I can't even imagine
    What you have been through.

Hazie

• shrty411
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hazie - July 18 2006

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

heartbreaker

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Dear Shrty411 & Kudzu:
    I hope my letter wasn't upsetting trying to say
    "I'm sorry for you..."
    We lost my husband's son at age 22 - 3 years ago in work related Tanker Truck rollover..it was his 2 year wedding anniversary to his high school sweet heart too .She was also devastated !
    Guess words are hard to come buy to say how one feels///
    It's just plain TUFF!!
    I meant to say
    (((((((Hugggs))))))))) toooooooo!
    I did not mean to ramble on..
    I was just touched...
    Prayers for sure !!!!!
    your GW friend,
    susiesunshine

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

My heart goes out to all of you . NOW I need kleenex ...

• kudzukween
    16 years ago

My son died August 1,2004,he was 27, his wife's birthday, my grandaughter was almost 4,and my grandson was 1 year old.Thank you all, it is hard,every day,but especially around the holidays. I loved the feather in the ornament and the poem,I'm going to make one for him to "sweeten" my Christmas tree this year.

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

Your son must have a wonderful person to have friends like that. I am so sorry for your loss and also for yours, kudzu.
    Bianchi

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Wow girls...I'm so sorry that you have that kind heartache
    in your lives. Life can be so unfair. My heart just breaks
    for you both.

Hazie

• shrty411
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The friends I found here brighten up my worst days. It was such a cool thing those guys did, I wanted to share it.

Maria

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Thank You for this posting! My DD and her friends lost 4 friends all in a matter of a month, all suicide, and have been grieving for the last five yrs, my DD got a tatoo in memory of one she was especially close to who died on DD's B-Day. This year they all got together and went camping and were ready to "Celebrate The Memeories" so it was nice to see! I am sooo crying right now, I just wanna hug that brat of mine!!! And All of YOU!!! Jane

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Again I am reminded that behind all the generosity and talent of this board's members is a world of hurt.

I pray for each of you - peace of mind and spirit. We're here if and when you need us.

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

(((((((GIANT CYBER HUGS))))))) to all of you. Experiencing loss of the magnitude that has been gone thru by each of you takes my breath away....you are each strong and continuing to live each and every day because you reach out and share both the ups and downs of life here and elsewhere.

Thank you for sharing those precious parts of you. We are here and do sincerely care!

Pat

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

((((((Group Hug))))))) Sorry for your losses and pain that is felt so strongly at this time of the year.

Maria, that is so cool of your son's friends to include him in their outings. Those are great friends. I lost my sister (age 38) to breast cancer 4 years ago. One of her high school friends ended up with breast cancer at the same time. Her friend survived and wears a photo of both of them at the annual breast cancer walks. This was the first year I didn't just break down when I saw the photo.

Prayers for strength and peace for all of you. Jane, I'm going to start praying for everyone here too. There are many hidden life challenges in all of us. Thanks for sharing.

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996