Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

Suddenly - I'm being ignored ... *I'm Sad*

toomuchglass
16 years ago

This is so weird. I went to site that someone posted here --- Stainedglassville. I struck up a friendship with a gal there ... she lives in England - Her DH grew up in my neighborhood - she's a dog lover - so we had ALOT in common . She'd call & I'd talk to her DH and her - like old home week. ( SHe's on an air force base with her DH )

We decided to exchange stained glass Christmas gifts. I thought -- COOL !! I got hers first -- it was beautiful .

I wrote and told her how much I love it and it was going in my front window for all to see ... I constantly complimented her things ... they really are nice. Then she got my stuff. She wrote that she was alomst in tears because her gift looked like "A TURD" to mine. This is the farthest from the truth ... I don't know why she feels this way . My stuff is "different - not better " . Now she is givng me the Cold shoulder . I feel so bad . I compliment her stuff evey chance I get . Boy -- this is a first for me . Has this ever happened to you ? I really do feel bad. I don't know how to fix this.

Comments (11)

• meadel
    16 years ago

Hey TMG, People are funny. You can never know what's going through their minds or what's really going on in her life. I don't think that it's up to you to "fix" it. Let her come to you when she can deal with her own issues. You've done no wrong.
    BUT you can give her MY address.. I'll take your gift!!
    (((hugs)))
    Lori

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Maybe something else is going on and this is just a symptom. Give her the benefit of the doubt and a little space...seems like you left the door open for her..

Maria

• rchovey
    16 years ago

It's so sad when people act that way, but there is nothing you can do to change things. Just give her some time and leave the lines of communication open. Perhaps she felt inferior when she felt your work was better than hers, poor self esteem kind of thing. It's sad when people value themselves through there "stuff". My "stuff" is just plain silly, but I put love into it and like to share my silliness. I'm sorry this happened, but it is her loss. Don't be sad. You've got us....what more could you ask for?

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Excellent advice given here, TMG.

Sometimes people feel intimidated and unsure and it's easier to cut themselves off from the people associated with those feelings rather than recognize and acknowledge their shortcomings.

You just keep being you and she'll come around if she's able.

You're a gem! And I still want to meet and have lunch - perhaps after the Holidays?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yeah ! We can meet half way inbetween !

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

People are funny!And aren't we all thank God.I have been told for many years don't expect people to respond or react the way you want them too,it won't happen...I have been hurt by someones actions or reactions so many times and still can't learn this dang lesson,still trying at almost 70 to get it!!!others are not you so can't react in your way ,just leave her alone if she comes back she's your friend if not ,she wasn't anyway...you have lot's here tho!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yeah ..... I guess people Can Be funny. I suppose there is no way of "fixing it". You all have made me feel alot better about it. She's in England with her DH on an Air Force base. Maybe we'll just end up being long distancce , casual friends.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I LOVE and ADORE YOU!!! so...when we do meet, and I say when!!! You can expect to be bear hugged!!! And so let this go and focus on us who love you!!! Jane

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

Did you invite her to join us over here?

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I did , but she goes to Stainedglassville & loves it there. She did check us out and had nothing but good things to say about the gals here . I guess there's not enough hours in the day .......LOL

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

I found the site to be tedious...by that I mean the pages load SOOOOOOOOOO SLLOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW...and I'm on a T1 line at work! What's up with that? I probably won't frequent there much because of it, but I did register. The forum choices looked interesting.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County