Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rchovey_gw

DH's Christmas Present

rchovey
16 years ago

Since this isn't a mosaic...yet...thought I'd better post it over here. This was the only day I've had off when he was working and the only one before Christmas...so had to get it at least mostly done! DH is a homebrewer, he has never had a good setup for when he "mashes out" (a homebrew term for steeping the grains with very hot water to make the wort, another brew term), so he lifts this 5gal cooler about 5ft in the air with scalding hot water in it onto a rickety plastic shelf, then the second cooler with the grain in it sits on an even ricketier little table I put together out of scrap lumber...having said all this take a look at the project I started today, it is mostly done except for doors on the storage areas, some trimwork, and casters so we can move it to it's permanent home. It is now hidden under a tarp in the garage. Whatcha think?

Ramona

Comments (13)

• rchovey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ooop, I put the same picture in twice...must be that old woman hanging around again, I did work 12hrs last night and no sleep yet, that could have something to do with it! Sorry the pictures are so big.

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

Oh boy, would MY DH like that, too! YOU sawed and hammered this YOURSELF? WOOHOO!! You ROCK, Ramona!

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Wow .......... He'll LOVE it !! I tried making my own Wine once - It was a disaster ! LOL

( Can you say Vinegar?) LOL

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

That's the sweetest, most thoughtful thing!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Dang you're handy Ramona! nice job

• shrty411
    16 years ago

That's a great gift. He's going to love it!! Nice job on it

Maria

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Very cool set up. You are really handy! I can draw plans for things, but then hubby does the actual building. He'd
    be floored to see me do something like that!

Hazie

• meadel
    16 years ago

I wish I could make that Tim the Toolman Taylor sound on this post! But I am saying that aloud now.
    It's a truly thoughtful gift. The best kind ! You GO girl !
    Lori
    p.s.. Is that a black cat/dog licking up all the spilt beer on the floor? And,
    do you have secret plans to mosaic it? ( maybe with beer caps?) lol

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Very nice! He'll LOVE IT!

My DH was a homebrewer but with his neurological condition he can no longer drink alcohol. He gave it up and I sold everything at a rummage sale.

• rchovey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Gee...wish I'd been at that sale!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

Gosh, that is SOME present. he'll love it and especially since you made it.
    Bianchi

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Progress report please! Didi he love it, I'm sure he did! And is that a cat or a dog in the background, either way it looks bigger than either one of my dogs!lol!

• rchovey
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yeah, he loved it! I've got a Christmas morning picture, haven't had time to get it off the camera yet.. I'll get to it this weekend. That is a cat in the background. That's Riley. I was working in his space. He lives in the garage. Can't come in the house, he has a spraying problem. He's been neutered, but the behavior won't go away. It's a shame because he's such a sweet boy. We have 5 cats, 3 of which moved here from neighbors homes. We tried returning them, but they wouldn't stay. Liked it better here, so the owners said "just keep them, they obviously like you better". Cats know where they want to be. You never "own" them. Another one moved here from Tennessee while we were visiting there last February. It was about 20 degrees and he camped outside our door. He was huddled on a plastic grocery bag. By the 3rd night he was sleeping in our bed, when we got ready to come home he got in the car and moved to NC. His name is Gatlin, he came from Gatlinburg. Totally off topic, the old lady is rambling now. I'll post the Christmas picture soon!
    Ramona

Sponsored