Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosaicwench1

OT - Lightbulb snowmen

mosaicwench1
16 years ago

Several people asked me to post photos of my lightbulb snowmen. I made these for years and I have hundreds of them. I've used them as ornaments, gift tags, knick knacks, etc. They are easy to make and can be done in an assembly-line manner if you have a bunch of bulbs. I used to have friends and family save the burnt out bulbs for me. I'd get bags and bags and bags of them!

Over the years I've used various things for hats including melted styrofoam cups (ONLY WITH VENTILATION!)and fleece scraps.

I paint the bulbs with acrylic paint or that fake snow paint and use a plastic curtain ring on the bottom of the bulb to make it stand up straight.

I've also been known to spray paint them with a clear glitter spray and then paint the face and buttons and arms on them.

My cousin was an elementary school teacher and she used this idea with her class many years in a row because the materials are cheap and snowmen are "non-denominational."

You can also use fimo clay to make little 3-D carrot noses but summer storage broke most of them off so I just paint on a nose now. Enjoy!

Comments (7)

Sponsored