Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kudzukween

OT- gifts for daughter and ex daughter in law

kudzukween
16 years ago

I took pics of my 2 grandchildren here,and my daughter sent me one of her son laying on grass,but I made him jumping in the air:) I call them Pixies in a Jar........or maybe they are Angels in a Jar:)

{{gwi:1487577}}

{{gwi:1487578}}

{{gwi:1487579}}

Comments (9)

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

Too cute Kudz!
    They are just adorable.

Hazie

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thank you Hazie:) I should have mentioned that I used photo paper and printed them out on my computer at 4x6 size, so I got all 3 on one sheet of paper. And I used Easter grass filler, the opal kind,and some blue ,all mixed together to fill the jar,and I did add a small battery operated votive behind their heads.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

those are adorable! OMG

how did you do the wings? are they painted on the inside of the jar or also cut from the photo paper?...

really cute

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Those are just adorable! Very clever.

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks ya'll :) Nice, I used photoshop and got some wings brushes and used that,and some flower brushes,and some star brushes. I cut around the outlines after I painted them. I used old,old jars, I was going to use newer ones for the gifts, but realized the new ones have writings on all 4 sides:( so you may want to use a jar that food comes in at the grocery store. The ones I make for myself I will be using the zinc lids. Also I used a set of glitter glue pens I think it was 6 colors in a set for $2.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Too cute, great gift idea!!

MAria

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Those are so sweet,do you mount the pictures on something and then cut out.I wish I knew photoshop ..I really love them

• kudzukween
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I gave these to my daughter in law today,and she almost cried,she loved them so much :) It's just photo quality paper,some free brushes d/l'd from the internet, some Easter grass or basket filler,some fine glitter glue,and I cut out the outline of them after the glue dried. I did add some jewels later,and a battery operated votive I stuck inside the lid with rolled up tape.I sort of curled the photos to make them the shape of the jar,the filler holds them up. I can't wait to find out how my daughter likes hers:)

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

How cool that she loved it so much! My DD loved that I finished her Jewelery box!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz