Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Thanksgiving on the Ouachita

texaswild
14 years ago

Back from Bro's - had another wonderful experience. Water had fallen two ft. since my last visit, so we exited the boat in waders w/water to my waist. By the time we left the water was down in most of the yard so we just used tall rubber boots to get to boat on the bank of the slough. Bro is taking the boat out of the water today. He finally got electricity yesterday. Since we didn't have TV, there was lots of time for conversation. DD learned to knit in near darkness. Lamplight was very nice in early evening b/f Bro turned on the generator. I continued to clean out Mo's things from the house. It was sad to leave as I doubt there'll be another opportunity to take the boat to his front porch. The last time the water was this high was in 2001. Take note of one picture - as I was scrubbing the rooster that had been submerged up to his head for nearly a month, I was amazed that not one tile had fallen off, proving the stability of thinset. DD finished the sweater the day we got back, and yesterday I glued a switchplate for a Christmas gift. Hope to grout this afternoon. Spent most of the morning downloading the following pictures. Thanksgiving Trip

Comments (3)