Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

What next ? I broke my tooth

toomuchglass
16 years ago

What a way to end the year. It broke right off .... leaving just a tiny point sticking out of the gum. AND -- of course - it's the one right next to my front tooth. gggrrrrrr......

So far ,I've heard every hillbilly joke that DH can think of .... another gggggrrrrrr.......

At least it doesn't hurt ( I Had a root canal on it long ago )

Maybe I should put my mosaic skills to work .. LOL Kids nowadays have silver & gold teeth - maybe I can make a glass one - a different color for every day of the week ...

ROFL ! I might start a new trend ~~~

Comments (8)

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Yes!! You MUST insert tesserae!! LOL
    (Sorry)

• meadel
    16 years ago

(((Jane))) that stinks big time~ Hope it's not too sharp as to cut you..
    Bama... (ROTFL... bad bad.. girl .)

• meadel
    16 years ago

OMG .. TMG.. You are not jane ...SO sorry ,I am sleep deprived.. I just thought what has happened to Calamity now!!!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Don't even say it!!! Once I was up on a ladder, on a windy day, thinking it might rain and so wanted to put a tarp up, and while hammering a nail to attach said tarp, you know, the one I was holding onto with my teeth...yup, that darn wind sent that tarp and my tooth sailing off in the wind!! It was my first garage sale (last too, too much work!)and I made a ton o dough, probably cuz I looked so pathetic and kept smiling like a mad woman...come on!Mama needs a new tooth!!! (I heard the chicklet joke! A lot. To the point that I mentioned someone else would be spittin' chicklets if they didn't quit. So I feel for ya Gumby!!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

ah man, TOOMUCH I have BTDT. Front tooth broke right at the gums. Evidently the next tooth over (the one you broke) isn't strong enough to hold a bridge, so they ground away 3 other teeth to install the "appliance" ugh

worse yet, I was living on an island so they would fit something temp and send off for it to be made and shipped, then if that wasn't a good match off it went.... the ordeal seemed to go on forever. One morning I was sheduled to pick up my boss and family coming into the airport and the temp fell out, I call the dentist and it rang at their house. His wife said, they're moving the offices today but if you run down there, maybe he can stop and glue it.

By moving they meant the whole building was being jacked up and hauled to a new lot. My dentist was in the basement cutting through the plumbing! I yelled and he came up covered in dust, decided he could get just enough water from the pipes to mix up the glue. So there I am in the chair while contractors were outside placing RR ties and hydraulic lifts.... When I left, I had to jump down about 3 feet.

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OMG -- Jane & Nice ~~~~~~~~ What stories !! ROFL ....
    I don't know what to do yet. I'm going to check out what my dental insurance will pay ( not much I'm sure) People might have to get used to looking at me like this ! LOL

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Hey, at least you don't take horrible close up pics of yourself with crackers in your teeth!!! Sometimes I just gotta shake my head at me!?!lol!

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Awww . . .what a way to start a new year. No jokes from me. 10 years ago I broke a tooth on a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup on Christmas day. Something so soft just gave it the ooompf it needed to break.

I have a great dentist in New Berlin if you need him.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz