Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Hazardous to my health

Calamity_J
16 years ago

Being unemployed! In the last 6 mos, I've broken my leg, resprained my leg by DD leaving her shoes in the way, got the flu for 3 weeks, Yesterday was the topper, DD left shoes in the way again and I fell AGAIN, landed in a corner of the foyer, barely missing the mirror doors on closet, smashing my shoulder into the wall and tearing my chest muscles and knees, am on t3's and ibuprophen and am absolutly gimped up, can barely move my right arm today and am totally nausous when moving at all. I just want to KILL her!!! (before she kills me!lol) Yup, this unemployed thing is just too much fun....and me with such a nice new play room....

Comments (14)

• klinger
    16 years ago

Oh Janie, this too will pass. She'll move out and you'll get well, and create a ton of gorgeous stuff. You should start to feel better in a couple of days, the first two are the worst. Go back to bed and dream of wonderful stuff. I'll call you later and see how you're doin,
    Cindylw

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

OMG Calamity!... that is just awful!
    You have been through the wringer. I hope you have a better year.

Hazie

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Oh, Sorry Jane. Those T3s make me nauseous as heck. Might be them.

Maybe you need to go back to work, before your house does you in!!

Maria

• rchovey
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your "calamities". Next year will be better, it has to be! Yes, the T3's are probably the source of your nausea...they make me soooh sick! Are you sure nothing is broken? Be very careful, and make DD put her shoes away!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I was nausiated just by getting up in the morning! Hadn't even had any painkillers yet! I think I have to let her know in a more concrete way, that her chosen lifestyle is not working/welcome here,and just lay down "The Law"
    Law #1: Thou shalt not be too comfortable as to not want to get own place...soooon!!!

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

Jane ---------- You KLUTZ !!!!!!!!!! LOL
    If I Can't be Queen of anything - I qualify for queen of the klutzes. Quit trying to take my title away !!!! LOL

(((((((((( Jane ))))))))) Maybe you should change your screen name -- "Calamity" might be a jinx ....

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

Oh no, I am so sorry. You didnt need that.
    You know you should ask the Dr. to give you something for nausea, because you probably really need the painpills after a while.
    Hope you'll feel better soon.
    Take care (and I mean it)
    Bianchi

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Janey, so sorry. Well, Janey, when my children were young and they left stuff out, the natural consequence was to make it disappear. I say DDs shoes should be in the trash can by now.

I'm wishing you a healthy new year!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

trash..trash...trash!!!!

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

think BAREFOOT in the park!
    think BAREFOOT in the house!
    think BAREFOOT or else BEWARE!

• squirrellycanadian
    16 years ago

POOR JANE!!!! That sucks! I think you should move into your new craft room, put that bed under your table, you have a tv, and a little sitting area, don't let anyone in there, just have them hand you your meals thru the door!hehehe! Hope you get better real soon! The ONLY shoes in your way should be the ones you are mosaicing!!

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry about your injuries. I'd take DD's shoes and throw them out on the lawn and leave them there. Maybe she'll get the hint.

Hope you feel better soon so you can make full use of your playroom.

• meadel
    16 years ago

Oh Jane !!!!!! When it rains it pours !! ( have you tried Arnica? it's a herb, but it works great for sprains/bruises.. )
    I must tell you that I have always had a soft spot for your name. A few years ago when I was working in a hospital. I walked into a new patients room. I tripped over the first patients shoes hit my head on a IV pump that was hanging over the new gals bed. Her eyes popped out, and without missing a beat I introduced myself as nurse Calamity Jane! Well, she turned purple with laughter, I almost had to send her to the ICU because I feared she'd go into respiratory distress!! I'm not kidding.. ( she was my favorite patient after that)
    ....anyhoo.. You are not alone in your calamities.. maybe you have them more frequently .... I have size 10 or 11 shoes.. I trip on everything .. ( cept I'm a weeble.....weebles wobble but they don't fall down.. do you remember that little ditty)
    .. good thing you don't trip on MY shoes!!!
    Get better soon.. ( google Arnica Montana.. it works) buy stock!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You know, A little ld lady came up to me awhile ago and said I should pick some Leapards Bane and wrap it around my leg for healing, and I thought, "ya right"! I'm going to the health food store and grab some ointment! I read about it as you suggested and it also says about healing emotionally, which I feel traumatized more from this fall than when I broke my leg!!! But it could be backlash??? I'm feeling better today, even tho I still can't use my right arm for weight bearing or lifting above my shoulder.But the chest pain isn't too bad. Sheesh, I'm only 44!!! I feel so decrepid!!!