Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

I have some very sad news

silvamae
15 years ago

Guys, my husband was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. I am trying to stay strong and hold it together and act like it's not such a big deal. Therefore, I worked on the stair risers this afternoon. I am trying not to fall apart.

Comments (42)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Oh, Silva, I am so sorry! What a horrible thing for you and your DH to hear...how scared you must be! I am sending all my thoughts and prayers your way and I hope you and your family will get through this with love and strength and good Doctors, too! Hang in there....and you can always fall apart and vent and rage and whatever you need here...we'll be here for you. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

So sorry to hear your news. I will be sending many prayers your way. Stay strong and keep on working on your projects, it will take your mind off it.

Hugs,
    Donna in Florida

• texaswild
    15 years ago

SILVA: It seems that mosaicing is a way that helps many of us get through these sad times when our families are in crisis. You'll be in my prayers. Bless your heart. Keep on burying yourself in your work.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

So sorry, this can be a real tough road. I've had a few
    friends and family go through this. They are all doing really well today. Fall apart when you need to..we will
    all be here to listen and pick you up. This is a wonderful bunch of women here. My prayers are with you.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Oh Silva, gosh thats aweful news... we are here for you...

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for your kind words. It really hasn't sunk in yet. Mosaics and friends help so much at times like this.

• gibsona
    15 years ago

Oh Silva, I understand how scary it is to hear that "C" word. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Ann

• meadel
    15 years ago

I'm sending my prayers out your way too.
    Lori

• rchovey
    15 years ago

Prayers going out here too.

Blessings
    Ramona

• klinger
    15 years ago

I'm also so sorry to hear of your scary news. Try and remain optomistic things will be okay. My dh had rectal cancer almost 5 years ago. He's doing fine. I also buried myself in a project to get through it. That's when I did my kitchen backsplash. It's good to have a diversion and be able to create. My prayers are with you,
    Cindy

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. You will get through this with all of the support and prayers here.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Cindiloo, Donna, Slowmedown, Lovemosaics, Nicethyme, Ann, Lori, Ramona, Cindy, Terikat, thank you all for your kind words and prayers. We are going to overcome this. He will probably have surgery within the next two weeks. I will keep you posted. Thank you so much; I can feel your positive thoughts. Thank you!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Prayer from this gal too!!! Chin up...pip pip!!! Jane

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Silva I am so sorry that you got this sad news. Stay positive and live and love every moment of your days. We all tend to take life, family and friends for granted, when tomorrow may not come. Bless you and yours this holiday season.

Kathy

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Cathy and Jane, for your kind thoughts. He saw a surgeon yesterday and has surgery scheduled for December 22. Then it will probably be chemo and radiation therapy. I will keep y'all posted.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Surgery is getting close - it's Monday (Dec. 22) at 9:00 a.m. He has to be there at 7:00 a.m. So please keep us in your prayers and think positive thoughts on Monday morning! Thanks!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

W/do, SILVA: In my nightly prayers, I always include the forum members.

• klinger
    15 years ago

You will be in our prayers, hoping all goes well,
    Cindy

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The last two days have been stressful; he could not have any solid foods at all, and so has had nothing but vegetable broth, pudding, and ice cream. He is now in bed and we leave at 6:15 a.m. for the hospital. So goodnight ladies and I will post again when I have news. Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers.

• gibsona
    15 years ago

Good thoughts coming your way today!
    Ann

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I haven't been to this side of the forum in a long while and now wish I had been. Please know you two are in our hearts and prayers.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all so much for your positive thoughts and your prayers! He came through surgery just fine - - I think we have to wait awhile to hear the results (as far as, has it spread, does he have to have chemo and radiation, etc.). But he should be able to come home tomorrow. I will keep you posted. Thanks again!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Bless your hearts. Thinking of you and whispering a prayer for you often.

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

Waiting to hear any news Silva, glad the surgery is over and no complications I hope?

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

He came through the surgery just fine and came home Tuesday. He lies on his back a lot, walks around (can't sit) and drinks lots of water and started eating solid food last night. He goes back to the doctor this next Monday Dec. 29th. Don't know when we will hear whether the cancer was contained or spread, and don't know yet about whether he will have to do chemo or radiation. But Yay, the surgery went well!!! Thanks to you all for your prayers and positive thoughts.

• crystal01
    15 years ago

Silva I have not been on this forum for a long time. I wish I had known sooner but I'm glad the surgery went well and prayers are going to his full recovery and that the cancer has been contained.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Thought of you for days, and am soooo glad to get this much positive news. W/pray for more positive news for future reports.

• rchovey
    15 years ago

Prayers that news will be good from the doctor today.

Blessings
    Ramona

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Good news! We are just emotionally wiped out. We went to the doctor today and DH was told that he is cancer-free! The doctor said that the cancer was totally contained within the prostate gland (which was removed) and that the prognosis is all good. I can't believe it - within one month, cancer diagnosis, surgery, followup; whew, we are exhausted. Thanks y'all for all your prayers and positive thoughts. Thank you!!

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Silva- What great news! I have been delinquent about getting on the forum lately and just read your post. Thank goodness all is well. Here's lots of pink light for you and I am so thankful all is well. Have a blessed day.
    Carol

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

OMG thats absolutely fabulous! tremendous news Silva! whew

I'm so happy for you both!

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I lurk around this forum as I love it, I can't wait to see you back to your project!! I'm sure you'll attack it full steam ahead. So glad you got great news!! Take it easy a few days tho & get rested up as you are both emotional wrecks, I'm sure. Need a little time to recover from the strain!! Wishing you a very happy New Year!! Jan

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I'm sorry I missed checking back here to see how you are doing, I'm caught up now and I tell ya, I sure like a story with a happy ending! I'm so glad to hear it all turned out well and wishing you and DH a restful recovery!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Thank you, Lord. Sooooo happy for you and DH. You must be jumping for joy and ready to get on w/life. This is such a wonderful ending - makes my heart feel good this morning.

• silvamae
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am ready to tackle my stair risers again!

• gibsona
    15 years ago

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, Jesus! I have goosebumps! What wonderful news! Amazing way to start New Year!
    Ann

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Yes!!!!!!That is wonderful news for you and dh. I'm so happy for you!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Thank the Lord!!!! Whew! I am so happy for you, I'm doin' a Happy Dance!(Just imagine a very silly lookin' woman...;))

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Just checked in.So glad to hear the good news!!
    I see I didn't comment earlier. I apologize!! But I've been thinking of him!!

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

Silvamae--I am so sorry I missed this before, and I am so very, very happy that your husband got such good news! I can empathize how completely exhausting and emotional this must have been for you and your husband, but your news is truly AWESOME!!!!

• emtnest
    15 years ago

Ditto what they all said... my goodness what an ordeal to have to endure, but God is good through it all.. Blessings to you both.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor