Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toomuchglass

I make instant friends wherever I go !

toomuchglass
16 years ago

How you ask ? Besides my great looks and bubbling personality ...... ( ugh - I can't even say that without laughing !!) I attract so many people by - Wearing my fleece jacket. Yes - my Jacket ! I bought 2 of these at a craft fair last year - the print is a collage of dog faces and the sleeves are plain but match the colors in the design. They are beautiful . I only paid $21 each ,too ! The lady loved to sew & her stuff is awesome and so pretty ! It's just a plain ,simple jacket. If I could sew - I could have probably sold about 50 of them so far - and that's no exageration . I was at the PO today and a lady came up behind me and put her hands on my shoulders and whispered in my ear -- "that jacket is gorgeous ! I'm tempted to take it right off your back !" ROFL ... I Swear --- I feel like a celebrity !

Do you sew ? ~ Besides the zipper ~ do you think it would be hard to make ? I'd love to make more for myself !

PS - I'm trying to take a good pic ..... I'll post soon !

Comments (12)

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Wanta see!!!!

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Ok -- here goes --- Boy I Wish I could sew ~~~

{{gwi:127035}}
    {{!gwi}}

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

How CUTE! I sew and don't think it would be all that hard to do. The zipper will be a bit of a chellenge, but not as hard as you might think. If you decide to tackle this, email me and I'll do my best to walk you thru it!

Pat

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOw - Curb ........ Thank you !!! I did put in a zipper once .... but it was on a guncase that I made DH . It wasn't a piece of clothing ! Do you think there is a pattern for this jacket ? I'd love to try just one and see what happens !

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

Same principal making the jacket and making the gun case. You can re-construct the pattern if you want. Simply take the various elements of the jacket (sleeves, front right, frnt left, back, collar, etc) and lay them absolutely flat on some paper (I use newspaper and a colored PENCIL, not a pen). After the part your copying is layed out pin it to the paper in a few spots and outline. Add and sketch in either 1/2" or 5/8" seam allowance on all edges, unpin and cut out along your outer line. Voila! Pattern piece made!

Pat

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Cool jacket! No sewing tips for you though

Maria

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

That is so sweet.......I can't even thread a needle!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

I've always wanted to sew, ever since I saw that movie"Sound of music", ya know the part where she sews them outfits from the curtains? Too Cool! I did make hand sewn Barbie clothes...does that count? And of course I have seen those stained glass quilts, veeery nice!!! Oh just thought about a lady on this island that paints on canvas jackets, they are so pretty!!!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

I always remember the scene with the curtains.
    I had a dress just like it as a kid and to this day I wonder...
    I cant sew either, wish I could though.
    Bianchi

• rchovey
    16 years ago

No tips on sewing either...wish I had one with cats though. I can see how it would be a great conversation piece.

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I used to sew and sew and sew . . . and then I used to quilt and quilt and quilt . . . . Now I just cut my fingers on glass!

Gave it all up years ago and gave all my supplies to freecycle. I just couldn't see well enough and lost patience over the years.

The jacket looks relatively easy and you could use frogs rather than a zipper if you really wanted to avoid it. Not quite as cozy warm, but a nice solution.

Fleece is wonderful to sew on - it's sturdy and relatively forgiving.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• toomuchglass
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's a great site for beautiful Fleece ~
    http://www.fleecelady.com/products.php?category=10

Sponsored