Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

I'm Freaking out!!!

Calamity_J
16 years ago

Ya, I know, what's new about that...BUT!!! What if I move??? Even tho it is beautiful there, well God's planet is beautiful everywhere...BUT my delema is I have BRICKS people!!!! I love my bricks! they are old, made in Nanaimo in the mining days and I know some people collect fine china and such(antique roadshow) but these are my babies!!! My last batch had to stay at my last place as she offered me $5000 more for my place than asking price and wanted them. I had even went out and bought a truck to move them!!!! Now I scored these ones, like 2 pallets of them and just the thought of it is killing me!!! DH laughed and said we'd move em but I know he would rather leave allll my junk here! I'm lookin' at 20sq ft of "stuff" out in the shed alone, not to mention my 8x10 art room. It is only 3hrs away driving but it is very heavy and we may have a paid move to there thru his company, but, would that include my bricks??? It is wierd being attached to material things, silly bricks, and I didn't even mention that Klinger and I have been sharing our garden plants and I've accumulated maaany plants to try and fill this 1/2 acre. Plus the watering system I put in for them, sheesh, all that hard work! Just before I broke my leg, I hauled 6 yards of topsoil/mulch and put it in! I'm RANTING!!! Nanaimo is 80,000 people and we're moving to a place where there is like 3 or 4ooo people, no ts even!!! Maybe I'll be able to looky loo in the dump. We are going to check houses there on thursday so I'll have a better idea. I have quit my job 4 mos ago, and DH is getting 20,000 less to work at this new job so thats 40,000 less we'd have coming in, so we may have to downsize our home size to afford to live there and really the prices of places there are higher than here as you get less land there for your same money here. With all this spewed, the little girl in me loves the memories of that place and am looking forward to a revisit.

Comments (9)

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Oh Jane... how aweful for you. I'm so sorry. When did you learn of his job change? uh... BIG HUGS

• sunshine_funshine
    16 years ago

Go on and get it out of your system. FREAK! I do it often and it helps me to realize that my freaking is just how I get from one place to the next, emotionally anyway. No harm in being attached to your stuff, but in the end you will decide what is the most important. So, I say, take the time to freak out. You don't have to share it with those who are around you daily. Freak out on us, we can handle it. There's a lot to freak out about according to your post!

Truth is, i can really relate at this particular moment because DH and I are putting a contract on land in the next county! Not far, but far enough! If this works out, I supposedly get my dream house. But I also may have my MOM moving in with us!! So I say FREAK OUT! You will feel better soon!! And might have come company to boot!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

I know all about moving...4 times in the last 6 years!
    It is hard but exciting at the same time. All that work you've put into your yard will help to get a higher selling price. And you can look forward to a new yard to landscape! If you want your bricks, take them! Don't feel bad about all your stuff. I'm sure your DH knows how hard this will be for you and will gladly do whatever he can to make you happy. Let him!!
    I'll be thinking about you! Keep us up to date!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Wow, I HATE moving!!I can let loose of a lot of "junk" when faced with moving it.
    I had a hard time when my parents passed and ended up moving the boys in the house, pretty much as it was. Then when Jason passed on it was REAL difficult to get rid of all those memories. BUT I couldn't afford to keep it all, and it would have been in storage anyway. So, I kept what was important, kept pictures and got rid of it all ( really, 2 big dumpsters and a huge garage sale!!) I incorporated what I could into my house. I still have a small storage unit of "stuff" that Shawn will probably throw out when I'm gone LOL

It's going to be a big change for you and a bit isolated, but once you are there,hopefully you will be ok. Take your bricks!! See what plant you can put in pots to overwinter and/or take cuttings!!

How certain is this??

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, we went to Ucluelet and took a look at what was available, SHEESH, What dumps! We were shocked!!! Our house if we could move it up ther would probabaly go for 550 to 600,000!!! Here it is worth 330,000. It is so nice up there but veeeery isolated and expensive to live! Not to mention the house prices. Even 1bdrm,1bath condos start at 230,000!!! YUK! We came home and felt like our home is a palace! Well, clean at least!, er, cleaner....It is very damp and rainy there and a lot of the houses had some mold and rot!! What a cute little town tho! Adorable and friendly! I hope this gets DH to "let it go!" heh heh! I'd miss Cindy Loo Hoo too much!!!

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Holy dawg snot. That IS expensive. I'd choose Cindy Loo Hoo over mold and rot any day!!LOL

• susiesunshine
    16 years ago

Howdy Do Ms Calamity!
    I;m Susan Jean/susiesunshine
    Remember: Seeeeeeept 26th 18 years!!! (: : )
    WELL GIRl......
    THAT'S A WHOLE LOT OF S T U F F !!!! TO HANDLE !!!!! I I feeeeeeeeeel your pain!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    I read your post from back a ways/...
    I read your post today... and listen if A N Y O N E can do this Y O U * * ** can... together with your friends!!!
    and with GOD and with the Program !!!
    remember...
    H A L T......
    STOP>........ Halt ... don't get to Hungry, Angry, Lonley, or Tired !!!!.
    I toooooo am a friend of Bill Wilson's...
    and I tooooo have to take it ONE DAY AT A TIME>>>
    and Nobody said..
    it was going to be easy..
    I read the post... It was just like you were reading my mail... it happened to me several time.... my hubby is a truck driver. (35 years .. we lived on 120 acres... we have had to move several times... Then his job ended after being there 17 YEARS... and at 51 had to start over...and Move again and
    I have had to leave my treasures.. and I mean I AM A JUNKIE but by that I mean I do curbside shopping and I remake = remodel - re-purpose everything !!!!
    It truly hurts.... H U R T S ... deep to leave your home and your personal treasures...
    BUT YOUR GREATEST TREASURE IS * * Y O U *** and being clean !!! and I know....
    God will give you the Grace to get thru this !!! again and probably even another time.... tooo!! (sorry I said that!)eek!!!
    Keep your chin up....
    Halt !!!!! Take it one day at a time!!!
    Talk to Friends.... and Remember.... this is a Journey!!!
    YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
    Thanks for sharing Ms Calamity !
    You have helped me on my journey.... I am now stuck in
    drug city... crime city.... on a little city lot... away from the country and my friends and family....
    But I've been getting new stuff..
    and getting New Friends....
    and GOD never left me... and Now I have this Garden Web and
    now I just got a new Grand baby !!!
    GEEEE WHIZZZZ
    I am from Texas and I am stuck in the frozen cold, icy tundra .. Illinois helppppppppp !!!
    but I am just stubborn enough and determined enough to say..
    I AM GOING TO SCREAM>>> YELL >>>> KICK MY FEET AND C R Y !!!
    But ....... I AM GOING TO DO IT !!!!! I AM GOING TO MAKE IT !!!!
    Take care,
    God Bless You and Your Family
    Your new Friend.. I'm sure...
    susiesunshine

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Awww, Thanks You two! Part of me likes change but I just didn't get the best vibe from any of those houses. I'm not a slob snob, I've cleaned rental units for a living and have no qualms about getting things spiffy again, I actually liked the challenge! But it just doesn't make sense to have to spend so much money, to go backwards! Anyhoo, DH is off to Victoria and I have the house to myself and grouting tp tower is in order. And some long overdue housework! I am so out of shape!!! God Bless!!! Jane

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

JANEY-BO: Tell us again WHY you're moving? Less pay, more expensive housing, isolated, no KLINGER. This sounds down a downward move, not upward. Dig in your heels, and say "NO""NO""HE**, NO"!