Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
absence really does make the heart grow fonder....

Posted by aka_strawberrygoat (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 6, 09 at 6:31

I've missed all the action here...
it was time for an overhaul at home and that's what I did...
got a dumpster delivered to the yard...
filled three of them, from junk around the outside of the house..
filled two more of stuff from inside the house.
now I can begin to focus on art work again...
I'm loving the free feeling it brought me.
I didn't expect it, though others said it would be a freeing feeling..and it was.

mosaic supplies were not touched and I haven't given up on doing more of it but I had been very busy with the china painting..
gonna try to post a picture of a portrait I did....
here goes...
he's a sheepherder and there were 5 separate firings for him, at around 1,700 degrees...
one day, I was in my instructor's studio and she went in to take a nap...she said to do whatever I wanted, so I decided to tackle something different than what I was used to...I love the look of wrinkles, texture and a face that tells a story..this is where I plan on doing more study...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: absence really does make the heart grow fonder....

Girlie: So glad to see you back. WOW - w/love to have gone shopping in all your throw-aways. This is a fabulous painting. GEESH, you're talented. His intent stare is striking, as well as the transparency of his beard against his strap. His hair and beard are something!!! You are some kind of artist, girl. Do you also paint on canvas? Hope you'll stay w/us and get back into mosaics. W/love to see some mosaic work from you. I remember your exhange gift as being so very unique.

o

Oh STRAWBERRY what an amazing painting. It's just wonderful. That stare really grabs you...I immediately thought he looks kind and wise. Wow I love it. Know what ya mean abouting the organizing. I did that recently and wow what a good feeling when it's all done. I plan to it every 6 months from now on. Thanks for sharing, so glad your back

o

The eyes! Wonderful. The hair; I just want to touch it. You are amazingly talented.

o

The eyes are captivating! Glad to meet you and hope to see some more great art!

o

AKA, I know the feeling of purging unused, unwanted stuff to get a more organized feeling. At least that is what I feel when I purge some of my stuff.
As for this painting, I am always in awe of anyone who has this kind of talent. His eyes are so intense in their stare. The details of his hair, face and clothing are amazing. Love it. Don't stop.

Kat

o

Aka, nice painting... but you said your fired it? What kind of paint? Is it ceramic? I paint too but never fired anything...????

o

WOW!!! Great work!!! You are getting real good at this!!!

o

Wonderful painting! I found myself staring in his eyes and 'feeling' his expression. You are really great at this - beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here