Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemosaics

I'm finally home!!

lovemosaics
15 years ago

This feels like moving out of my parents house all over again! I feel like I'm 18 and the sky is the limit!LOL!

I can drive again, feel 16 all over again too! I went to the store and bought groceries, and was almost giddy!LOl!!!

I have a few days of cleaning..dust really piles up over several months. It's almost like a haunted house! Thank god I was able to pay my neighbor's son to mow and rake my yard, I could never deal with that right now. So excited to

just be home ALONE!! I think I need a dog now though. Had one to talk to at my son's all the time, and think I need that company now that I'm not working.

I think I'll move my stuff back in my workroom this weekend,

and see just what I have. It's like Christmas here!LOL!

My son is so organized..He's so anal!LOL!!!, and I'm so glad now that he is! I should be able to put my workroom back together better than it was. I was amazed when he packed it all up for my hospital bed in 2 hours, it will take me a few days to unpack, but it's more organized than my workroom ever was!

So excited to get back to my life. The best part is, I'm retired now!!! So my crafts can take take the place of my 9 to 5 job. What dream come true, a painful long journey,

but a dream none the less! I'd love to be able to make enough stuff to get in on the holiday show, but that's really pushing it! I'm just loving having my home to myself! So glad to have you all to blog to! can't wait to

share more stuff with all of you!

Comments (9)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

I was new in June I think but I had read about your accident, it's been a long road but glad you are doing well now just in time for fall & holidays. Just don't get too carried away as you'll wear yourself out!!Hope you find a nice even tempered laid back dog to keep you company. Flag had her dog in her workshop looked like easy going dog, hope she writes you about her dog! Best of luck in your new station in life. Retirement is nice, they give you check for a change!!!! Jan

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, LOVE: I'm thrilled to read this. I had asked the question of when on the other side. This thrills me cuz I know how you've been itching to get back to your toys. Hope you find the perfect dog. Anxious to see your first project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• silvamae
    15 years ago

Welcome home!

• rchovey
    15 years ago

Welcome home! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy every day. I do hope you find your special pet. I'm a cat person, just not willing to commit to having a dog. It's like having a child that never grows up. Cats are more independent. But my boys are always around when I'm working in the garden or in the shed working on a project. They are good companions. I too have just embarked on a new journey. They had a "restructuring" and my job was phased out. I chose not to apply for another one right now. I'm taking my savings and paying off all my debts and staying home for a while for the first time in almost 30 years. I'm currently developing a parish nurse program and a program working with battered women with children through my church, to help them break the cycle of violence. I've only been out of work a week, but it has been a very busy week! No time to be "bored" for sure. But I never was one to allow for boredom. Life's to spectacular for that! Blessings and all the best to you in this new chapter of your life.
    Ramona

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, Loves! Welcome HOME! I am sooooooo happy for you!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Oh How I KNOW that feeling!!! I was so isolated when I broke my ankle and the first time I got in my car and drove somewhere, I was G.I.D.D.Y!!!!! Get yourself a Real Dog! Not a ratwieller...er chihuahua, like I did! He is such a spoiled baby!!! High Maintenance!lol! I even got him his own chew toy...she's a maltese/yorkie!lol! It doesn't help that he is actually my Grandpuppy(DD came home with him and said "You better love him...he's the closest thing to a grandkid you are ever gonna get!!!" Then promply moved to an apartment where she couldn't have him...thus stuck raising my grandpuppy!!!lol!)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love I am soooo glad you are home. I can hear the excitement in your post. I think we all can relate to coming back home and how good it feels. But I am a tad jealous that you have full to play with you wonderful crafty. Bless you gal and enjoy.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Well....I ended up going back to work. Didn't want to at
    all. My boss gave a deal I couldn't refuse. He's paying me
    for 8 hours and I only have to work 4, so I'm making twice as much for 1/2 the time, and he's letting me bring my new dog! Every excuse or reason I had, he had an offer. It's
    a good idea. My hospital bills came in, and my credit is at risk. So I haven't been able to mosaic, or do much of
    anything I planned. I have trouble sitting for long periods
    of time, and it still hurts to walk around, so I just can't win. I lay in bed with my dog too much. So at least it gets me out and about 1/2 the day.

Thanks so much for all the caring comments. You guys are the best. I feel bad coming here these days. I don't have projects to share, and you still welcome me. After reading about Flagtrucks heart attack it really made me think.
    I need to get off my butt and get back to what I love!
    She is just too amaing. Makes me feel awful about how I have taken this accident. She is quite an inspiration!

You are the best group around! I thank god for you all!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Don't beat yourself up! I am a slow healer and find some peoples "get up and go" so amazing. I broke my ankle, and couldn't even use crutches cuz I'm such a clutz! I wheelchaired everywhere. I still have scars from my bad wipeout with crutches!lol! Your boss must think you are REALLY amazing to do all this to get you back!!! I have gone back to work and have just recently cut back to 4 days a week, and I hope to get back on track with my mosaicing! Chin up! pip pip!

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm