Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kids and pumpkins

Posted by sunshine_funshine (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 5, 07 at 21:37

Here they are painting their pumpkins. The kids planted, tended and harvested these pumpkins with a little help from mom and dad. They are very proud. I put them outside with some paint and brushes and said "go at it." DD got lots of paint on her body, but I think there's still more on the pumpkin. DS painted three of them. There are several more to carve later on. They had a good time. It was 85 degrees that day too. DS sold three pumpkins to his aunt-for $20! One of them was 40 lbs!

"http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/sunshine_funshine/kids/20071005015.jpg" target="_blank">

The wooden structure is a part of a putt putt course DH made for the kids. The Schnoodle ripped up the rug on it. She's lucky to be alive right now. DH threatened death if she tore up anything else. Little does he know...
(Can't figure out how I got this so messed up, but can't get it fixed.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kids and pumpkins

Oh SF!! They look like they're having the time of their lives! They even planted them? How cool is that?
This will be a great memory for them.

o

TOO CUTE!

we love pumpkin carving here, just waiting for cooler weather or they won't last to Halloween.

o

Thanks guys!

Yes, I've had to confiscate a few butter knives that they thought would be sharp enough to carve the pumpkins. They liked painting them pretty well. They paint something almost everyday, so I figured it might as well be some of the stack of pumpkins we have.

Halloween is also DH's birthday so it's a BIG deal around here. Both kids decorate their rooms with orange and purple lights and that danged black tinsle that I DO NOT LIKE 'cause it's all over the house! But, I keep my mouth shut and let them do whatever they want. This is all stuff that I wish I had had the opportunity to do when I was a kid. Creativity is really important to DH and I, so we try to inspire that in our kids too. DS has it in his blood. DD-well we don't know what she has in her blood yet. LOL!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here