Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

Family reunion

texasfern
15 years ago

For the last two weeks I have been spending time with a younger brother I didn't know I had and a sister as well.

My sister was only here for a few days, but my brother extended his stay.

Patrick and Myrium were born in Germany in the 50's and currently live in Belguim.

They have the same mother and we all have the same father.

Myrium was given up for adoption at the demand of thier mother's family and Patrick never knew about her until 4 years ago when she located him.

Together they located our father in Tyler, Myrium did get to visit with him before he passed away last year.

We had a wonderful, but all too short, visit.

So that is what I have been up to.

Sure missed everyone.

Comments (7)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Wow!I'll bet you were shocked when you got the call.Sounds like it was a good shock!! Do they speak English or did you have to figure out what each other was saying! I took German in school & it's a hard language & some words have different meanings depending on how you say the words. I have saying on a small German stein,never have figured out. Have you been to Germany? Hope they have computers so you can keep in touch easily!! Are they only siblings you have? Glad it turned out well for you!! Jan

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wow, what an incredible note from you. How long ago did they contact you? Did you know anything about them before? Tell us more about your visit. It must be really awakening in so many ways to know you have siblings. I hope it was a delight after you got over the shock.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, my, TEX. I can't imagine what a wonderful time y'all must've had. Glad you're back.

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

The "Locator" for real. How wonderful for you. I know you have enjoyed every minute of your reunion. I am very happy for you.

• texasfern
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Flag. I just heard about that show.
    They contacted me back in August. We had been emailing.
    For the most part we just hung around down on the River Walk while Myrium was here.
    Patrick and I spent more time while he wasn't galavanting all over the state!
    He is a marathon runner and has traveled the world. He doesn't own a car, or a computer (uses the one at work). He just got a cell phone 3 months ago at Myriums instance.
    They are wonderful, we got on so very well.
    Thier mother died in 1881, Myruim never met her.
    Poor Patrick thought he was all alone in the world until 4 years ago when Myrium found him.
    He speaks French, German, English, Italian and Flimish.
    I took him to a little pub where my daughter works and an aquaintance stationed here at Lackland AFB from East Africa showed up and they began speaking French so fast it made my head swim.
    A fine time was had by all.
    We will see each other again hopefully Christmas 2009.
    I think the most difficult part for all of us was the fact that Dad never told us about one another. He left Germany not knowing about Myrium, but he did know about Patrick.
    To top it off, Patrick's mother never told him about Myrium.
    He has a few issues about that.
    So at the age of 58 I have gone from an only child to having a little brother and sister.
    Not too shabby!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

You know, that's quite wonderful. It's great to hear your story and that all three of you found each other. A FAMILY!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! Amazing! I am always brought back to that saying/song: It's a small world after all!!

Sponsored