Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have just welded!!!

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 07 at 14:01

I did it, I did it!!! woohoo! A life long dream is happening, I can weld!!! cool

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have just welded!!!

Congratulations Nice, now you can add that to your fantasy store too!

Barb

o

Cool! so, what did you weld ( picture...). How hard was it?? Do you have one of those cool welding helmets? What are your "welding plans??"

Maria

o

Believe me, nothing worth taking a pic of. First I just worked on making a smooth bead on flat metal. Then I welded an angle iron to that flat piece. And finally to test that I could accomplish what I want to do, we clamped two pieces of threaded rod together and I made a good strong weld between them that we couldn't break.

My desire is to weld rebar for statuary armatures. The problem with doing Riana's method is that bigger pieces will need to be reinforced when the chance that kids could crawl over them.

o

Good for you - I remember how good I felt the first time I soldered with a soldering torch (I made copper sprinklers). Skills like that make you feel powerful and open up your horizons.

Good for you, sweetie!

o

you are right, it's totally empowering! I can join metal!!! LOL

o

Joining and cutting metal WITH FIRE!!!

(insert Tim - the Toolman -Taylor grunts here)

o

Good job! I really would love to learn to weld better in ag class in high school we had to learn to weld but I was never very good. what were you welding with mig or tig?

o

Wow nice!! that's pretty exciting. I hope to some day give that a try too. Soldering isn't my thing, so I've put off
the welding.

Hazie

o

WOW!!! Jumping up and down for you > excited!!!

o

Jane, I don't believe you are jumping up and down at all! LOL rocking your wheelchair maybe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here