Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemosaics

Felt the need to check in...

lovemosaics
15 years ago

I had my last surgery...I hope it is my last!!

They say it is..trying to believe it!

I hope to be home in a few weeks. I haven't seen my house in so long! Just to pop in and grap some stuff here and there. I was able to get online tonight and see your new exchange

tonight. I wanted so bad to do that one! My son packed up all my stuff months ago, to make room for my hospital bed...then I ended up at his house anyway!.. so when I finally get home.. I will have to unpack my work room..AGGHh!

I wanted to do the new exchange so bad! I had so much stuff to share.....just didn't have access to any of it! I love seeing what you all got!

This forum is so cool! I love watching as I recover.

You all keep me going! The pain pills die out in the middle of the night, and I always find myself here...

I save all your beautiful works.....your are all such an inspiration to me! I can't wait to have my life back!

I may actually be able to retire now...so mosaics may

be my life! so excited! I did all kinds of stuff..sew..

pottery......etc....because of all of you...I JUST WANT TO MOSAIC AGAIN!!!

Comments (12)

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Get well and Hurry back to us!!

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Looking forward to having you with us all the time real soon! Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Pat

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

Yes get well soon !

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you girls!
    This is the best place around.
    I had a small passion for mosaics..then I found you
    "addicts"!LOl! and I just want to make mosaics my
    total addiction too! I have planned out my new work room...
    while waiting to go home..and glass and tile and my tools is all that's going back in! I just want to play with all of you!
    Thank you all for all you have done for my spirit!
    Hope to be sharing with you again real soon!! you are the best bunch out there!!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love hopped over here this am to see if you had posted. Been thinking of you the last few days. Was going to post but thot I'd check here first. Saw your latest. I do hope ythis last surgery is the last for you for a while. I think I know the yearning you feel for you own space and being able to get you hands into the creating again. I think it is harder esp. when you are feeling better. Hope you get back to you home soon love.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Same feelings as KAT just posted. I know how I feel just spending a weekend in Dallas w/DD - can't wait to get back home. I also know how frustrating it is for you. Now that I'm back home, I STILL can't move very fast, and it's driving me OUTTA SORTS, for SURE. I'm w/you, LOVE.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

so sorry I have missed what ever is wrong,but hope you are on the road to recovery at this time.Glad you are o.k. and can post now.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hello again..
    The surgery drama never ends, it seems. The car accident
    has consumed my life, and I've had 2 more surgeries since I checked in last. Going home seems like a dream right now.

The guilty party's insurance ran out 2 surgeries ago, so I have that deal with too! Still can't walk...but my arms work again, so I shouldn't really complain..right??
    I was pretty smashed up... Broken arms, legs and a hip.
    The hip and leg just won't heal right. I'm only 48! they
    really thought I'd do better.I never imagined I'd be at my son's so long. I know his girl friend is just going nuts!
    I don't blame her......there are nurses coming in, and their life is so disrupted. I just want to go back home.
    I have a hospital bed there....in my workroom...but I need help with everything again...and can't afford 24/7 nursing care. Being dependant on your kids is the worst! I never thought I'd be there!...hoped I'd die before that happened.
    I'm 48! I thought I'd be 88 before I needed that kind of help!
    My daughter lives several miles away..and comes on
    weekends, and brings my granddaughter...the light of my life! I live for the weekends right now. I have to say I'm glad my computer crashed trying to post to this site..
    if it didn't, I wouldn't have gotten my lap top, and I would've gone freaking crazy sitting here! They say things happen for a reason, the lap top was all I can get from this crap! I met all of you! So far nothing else good has
    come from this! You are are all so wonderful. I did get to see a few projects tonight, and hope to comment on them.
    My meds always wear off about now...so sleepless nights
    are my life. I hope my comments are not too out there,
    sometimes I wonder if I was too outspoken when I comment.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS, LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry for you. Moving you up in priorities on my prayer list. Bless you, dear. This must be soooooooo frustrating. Wish I lived closer to you - I'd help you mosaic. I know how mosaicing is therapy for some of us. It's a reason to get up in the morning for me some days when I'm down in the dumps. So, try to focus on your art, cuz you're very talented, and that'll help occupy your mind. Reading your post is gonna keep my mouth from complaining about my minor break. Good grief!!! Makes me ashamed for feeling impatient. BREAK SOMETHING today and GLUE IT DOWN on something.

• lovemosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Slowmedown, I sure hope you are healed by now. It's so hard
    not being yourself. I see that you have been busy. So glad to see it. I hope to be home by the end of the month. Therapy has gone really well this time, I may be hobbling,
    but I'm darn glad to be!LOl! I plan to rework my workroom as
    soon as I get home. My son packed it all up months ago, so it should be easy to just bring back in my glass stuff. I have so many Christmas idea's, I can't wait to get started on!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Love! I just came to this side and saw this post. My gosh, you dear! I hope you are WELL on your way to recovery now and that your projects will keep you occupied, satisfied and happy. We're wishing you strength! Get well!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Amen to that. Hope things are better for you. I can just imagine how anxious you are to get home and to work - er uh PLAY.

Sponsored
Van Metre Homes
Average rating: 4.2 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Home Builder | 5x Best of Houzz