Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
daisyme_gw

Garden Web Slowness

daisyme
14 years ago

Do you others have a problem with Garden Web sites being slow? It's frustrating me and I wonder if there's anything I can do to make it faster? You, my friends, are all here and I hate to not sign on and visit with you all. Any ideas?

Comments (9)

• silvamae
    14 years ago

I have the same problem. All the other sites I visit are blazing fast, and GardenWeb is slow as molasses. It is even slow to close. When I click on the red X in the upper right corner of the screen, I get a ding sound and the program won't close for awhile. Very frustrating.

• daisyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

It's so frustrating that I go to other sites that move faster. I can't spend all the time here I want to look at everyone's work and comment as I'd like to. I wonder if it's just an old program or because so many people use it. I wonder if they know the problem, but I couldn't find a way to contact them.

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Do you think it's fixed now? Mine seems much faster and I can close the program normally now.

• daisyme
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, today it seemed to run a little faster. Then it slowed waaayyyy down again. It's so frustrating, as I have a lot of friends here I like to check in on...like YOU!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

I just thought it was me and I have a fairly new puter.

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Well I think I'll chime in now. For weeks I have been so frustrated with the GW being slow, slow, slow. I have cleaned, defragged and still is slow. I too have a fairly new puter. The other web sites are just fine. I don't spend as much time as would like viewing all new posts because GW is so slow. I get a pop up window on mine about windows internet explorer about blank. It doesn't stay up, but just causes slower GW surfing.

Kat

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Well I spoke too soon when I said maybe it was fixed. It is waaaaay slow today. I don't post nearly as often as I would like, because I just don't have the patience to wait. Today (Sunday morning, August 2) it is slower than ever. It seems to have something to do with waiting for pop-up ads to load . . . . . Web Master, please help!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Hey folks, not sure if this is the right direction or not, but go to the very bottom of this page. You will see a green banner. To the far right you will see contact us. Follow this and tell them all that you can about the slow gw sites. Maybe we can get some answers.

Kat

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I was checking my anti-virus program last evening. It says that GW forums are phishing sites and are unsafe.??????? I thot that was what the anti-virus was for. You can surf the web and know you're safe without the bother of pop ups etc. Who knows.

Kat

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz