Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maria's Vacation

Posted by shrty411 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 07 at 10:50

OK for anyone interested..We spent the day Sunday(July 27) in New Orleans in the French Quarter. I have no pre-Katrina reference, but it seemed busy. Walked down Bourbon street that night. Had my first craw fish, and probably my last..sorry not impressed!!

Boarded the boat Monday.We spent Tues at sea.Tues night there was a thunderstorm!! Very rough, woke me up! We got into Costa Maya Wed and took a two hour bus ride to the Kohunlich Mayan ruins. Cool site, not crowded, no souvenirs!
They are just building up Costa Maya.We are not big drinkers, so the whole lie on the beach and drink thing didn't appeal to us.

Thurs we were in Cozumel. We got a Taxi guy that took us all over the island, away from all the crowds.Saw cool Turtle tracks and some great rock formations...and a $Store!! Never fear, we did go back and do some shopping!

Friday we hung out at sea and Sat am back to New Orleans. We went to the aquarium. Found a cool taxi guy in New Orleans, too. Really if anyone is going there I have his cell #. He shows up in about 5 min or less. He helped us retrieve Savannah's video camera that she left on the boat. Sat night we at at this very small quirky restaurant called Louisiana Bistro. Max the chef comes out to the table. Food is excellent Made some vegetarian something for Shawn. Don't know exactly what it was, but Shawn all but licked his plate. Sat night on Bourbon street war a lot different than The first Sunday night!I thought Dave was going to fight with a couple guys trying to hit on Savannah!

Nice trip! All the luggage made it there and back!

Here is a short version of my pictures. Thought they were in order, but not quite!!

Hot and Muggy everywhere. The occasional Shower and the first two nights it stormed late at night (the first night it was a ways off, so not too rocky, but lots of lightning)

Vacation short version

Maria

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maria's Vacation-correctio

Actually, that first Sunday was July 22

o
RE: Maria's Vacation

I loved looking at your pics Maria. It's nice to have faces to go with names...I can see why the guys were hitting on Savannah, poor Dave is going to be a very busy man keeping the boys off your doorstep! Shawn looks just like his mama too! Thanks for sharing them...got to admit though, one of the towel art pics really make you look twice LOL!

Barb

o

Great pics Maria. Glad you're home safe. What a fun trip and I know how difficult they can be with teens!!

o

WOW! Looks like a great vacation!!!

o

Maria - thanks for sharing you vacation photos. You've got a very nice looking family. I just love those flower-filled balconies in New Orleans. Your towel art pictures are hilarious. And those are a couple of great shots from your stateroom window! Thanks again!

o

shrty, I loved your vacation pics!
Looks like you had a wonderful time. I haven't been to Cozumel in years, and would love to go to New Orleans.
I enjoyed the pics!

Hazie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here