Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shrty411

Maria's Vacation

shrty411
16 years ago

OK for anyone interested..We spent the day Sunday(July 27) in New Orleans in the French Quarter. I have no pre-Katrina reference, but it seemed busy. Walked down Bourbon street that night. Had my first craw fish, and probably my last..sorry not impressed!!

Boarded the boat Monday.We spent Tues at sea.Tues night there was a thunderstorm!! Very rough, woke me up! We got into Costa Maya Wed and took a two hour bus ride to the Kohunlich Mayan ruins. Cool site, not crowded, no souvenirs!

They are just building up Costa Maya.We are not big drinkers, so the whole lie on the beach and drink thing didn't appeal to us.

Thurs we were in Cozumel. We got a Taxi guy that took us all over the island, away from all the crowds.Saw cool Turtle tracks and some great rock formations...and a $Store!! Never fear, we did go back and do some shopping!

Friday we hung out at sea and Sat am back to New Orleans. We went to the aquarium. Found a cool taxi guy in New Orleans, too. Really if anyone is going there I have his cell #. He shows up in about 5 min or less. He helped us retrieve Savannah's video camera that she left on the boat. Sat night we at at this very small quirky restaurant called Louisiana Bistro. Max the chef comes out to the table. Food is excellent Made some vegetarian something for Shawn. Don't know exactly what it was, but Shawn all but licked his plate. Sat night on Bourbon street war a lot different than The first Sunday night!I thought Dave was going to fight with a couple guys trying to hit on Savannah!

Nice trip! All the luggage made it there and back!

Here is a short version of my pictures. Thought they were in order, but not quite!!

Hot and Muggy everywhere. The occasional Shower and the first two nights it stormed late at night (the first night it was a ways off, so not too rocky, but lots of lightning)

Vacation short version

Maria

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services