Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackpotannie

Hurricane coming

crackpotannie
15 years ago

supposed to get a hurricane hit us on Wed. morning so will be moving all my stuff inside tomorrow and getting ready...may lose electricity so if I'm gone a while you'll know why.....saya pray for us...

Comments (23)

• crystal01
    15 years ago

OH ANNIE! I'll certainly keep you and yours in my prayers!

It seems that it's already causing havoc for Carl(????)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Yeah, I saw that on Fox News last evening, ANNIE - Bless your hearts. Batten down - w/add you to our prayer list.

• Rusty
    15 years ago

Annie, I'm some north of you. Mostly a 'lurker' here, but I feel a kinship with everyone on this forum. Were you in the Valley during Buelah?
    Good luck, God bless, and my prayers are with everyone in Dolly's path ! ! ! !

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Just keep safe... the rest is just stuff

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Prayers are blowing your way from the west, Annie. Take care and check in as soon as you can.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Yeah, ANNIE - wondering about you after seeing the latest last night.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Doing fine,the eye is till an hr away from us,moving very slow,so far all I have is one birdhouse down on a pole ,Yes Rusty I was here during Beaulah,and it was a devating one.this one is a drop in the bucket compared to Beaulah.Where are you???Thanks everyone!!

• Rusty
    15 years ago

I'm in Kingsville. We were in Mission during Buelah, what an experience! ! My first with a hurricane. As I write this now, I imagine you all are getting the worst of it, forget if you are in Harlingen or Brownsville, Accuweather.com says it is at this time, north of Brownsville. Thoughts & prayers continuing for you & everyone down there. .
    Rusty

• texaswild
    15 years ago

She's in Harlingen, THERUSTY: ANNIE: Watching the news and thinking of you. You probably don't have power. Let us hear from you ASAP. Bless your heart.

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

I hope power is all you don't have. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all afternoon. I see it went right thru where you are. As soon as you can, let us know you are alright.

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

hoping ya'll are o k, let us know soon, sometimes the smaller ones are the most damaging , so please be safe.
    bonnie

• crystal01
    15 years ago

Thinking of you Annie!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

hope things are ok there!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Heres a link to the weather thingy from Harlingen.
    Harlingen is up NW just a hair from Brownsville.
    The winds are starting to pick up here in San Antonio and we are expected to get some thunderstorms as the day goes on.

Here is a link that might be useful: Radar map

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

ANNIE: I am SO waiting to hear you are ok!!!

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yeah just got power...we got it full force and 100mph winds were on us for 10 hrs straight and didn't let up.Worse in some way's than Beaulah because she came and went this one stayed.anyway we were lucky 1/4 of my shingles are off but only 2 minor roof leaks in one room and 4 trees down in my yard....south of us people still have 3 ft of water inside their houses,trees down and no power all over town.But we are dry and safe and sound so thanks for all your prayers all we have is the inconvience of the clean up.We've been serving coffee etc to our neighbors who still don't have power.We're fine...couldn't wait to get back to you all...Annie

• texasfern
    15 years ago

So glad to hear from you Annie and even gladder (is that a word?) to hear you are ok with only minor mishap.
    Hope the cleanup goes well for you.
    What a sweetie you are helping your neighbors!

• Rusty
    15 years ago

Annie, we had no idea here that it was that bad there! ! So glad you are safe & sound, & that your damages are relatively minimal. At least minimal as compared to loss of life or limb. God grant you all the strength & stamina you will need for the clean up.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Hey, there, Molly Brown! Can't keep a good girl down long. Glad you're back safe. What a ride, huh??? We didn't get one drop of rain from that - just a little wind and one teensy thunder. Though sure we'd get a tad, but nope - just real hot and dry in l'il ole Texarkana.

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

So hapy to hear that damage was minimal! Power outages, trees down (although we all love our trees), few shingles missing...all fixable, just very thankful you and your neighbors are safe and sound!!

We ended up with some clouds and what my Grandad called a "10 foot rain".....about 10' between drops!

Pat

• silvamae
    15 years ago

We ended up with some lovely rain on Thursday afternoon; I estimate about one and one-half inches. Oh it was just wonderful. Now we are back to the 100 degree baking heat. But that one afternoon was a blessing. (hill country west of Austin.)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

So glad you are safe Annie! God Bless! Jane

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Annie, I just saw this post and am so glad you are ok except for roof damage and your trees down. Have hurricanes always hit your region? Are there more now or stronger ones than there used to be? I'm just glad you're ok. I need to check here on this side more often.

Sponsored