Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Staying away :^((

Posted by shades_of_idaho (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 18, 07 at 12:37

Hi, I have been sort of trying to stay away from here because you all are so creative and give me so many ideas and I have SO MUCH to get done in yard and house and all. I have tried to ban myself from here. I seem to creep in every so often when I just can not stand it another day. I am hoping to finish our HUGE yard re-do in another couple of weeks and then it will just be sort of maintenance. Even that is a lot to do but add the re do on top and I just HAVE to keep at it. When I get the bulk of it done I will come back and play. I have not even gotten my totems out of winter storage I am THAT far behind.:^(((

Chris

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Staying away :^((

Well, don't be gone too long!! Get your chores done and come out and play!

I still haven't finished weeding from spring,but I put mulch down where I did weed to help. I got the center done and left the edges- that how my boys used to pick up their toys!!

Maria

o

this is just depressing! now I won't have your projects to inspire me! you better come round again soon!

o

I use the reward system when I have chores that MUST get done. I tell myself, "Self, if you get ________ (fill in chore here) done, you can have 1/2 hr. on the computer..." Or more time, depending on the size of the chore! Of course getting myself to get off after the alloted time is the hard part.

o

Good one tasymo. This is my problem too. Once I allow myself computer time it is hard to stop.

I will be in and out again for awhile.I started another project a week ago because I just HAD to do something but it sits just as I left it after an hours play and I will have to dust the project if I don't start back in on it.

The cemetery stuff just takes so much time and lately things have been REALLY busy with burials and plot sales then the budget hearings and meetings. Well the budget went to publish this morning and I am JAZZED to be done with it except for the hearing no one comes to and sending in the L2's. So I am so glad to be back. I have been dashing through posts as fast as I can to try to catch up. I still need to get some things done around the house.Certainly gained on the whole deal

Hubby and I are taking a two day trip to go pick up a friend as soon as we can get away. I have dogs to groom tomorrow and he has to get the truck serviced.

Anyway I have not fallen off the face of the earth just slipped a little.

Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here