Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crackpotannie

Sad tragedy

crackpotannie
15 years ago

so sorry I've been MIA as far as comments on all your work go.I've been here but just didn't feel like talking.I had a very sad thing happen and am having a hard time dealing with it right now.My son who most of you know is in a 2 yr rehab progam and still there and doing very well,so thats a good thing but his highschool girlfriend since they were 13 thru 19 was tragegly killed a couple of weekends ago.They remained loving friends all these years and both went on to marry other people and have kids.She had 2 ,a girl 15 and a boy 8 ,anyway she always kept dog food in the trunk of her car and fed stray dog's of all kinds in the neghiborhood,stopping whenever she saw one that looked like it needed a meal.She had her trunk open and her car was not in park like she thought ,it backed over her,she tried to crawl out to stop the car and her head was run over ,she still crawled out and called 911,died a few hr's later,it happened right in fron of her house.I had to call my son's counselor and they broke the news to him and let him call me.It's just been something I can't shake because she was such a live sunny person and young 44 yrs old,so thats where I've been.Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (12)

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Oh, Annie...I am so so sorry for your loss. What a horrible thing to have happened. It's good that your son is somewhere than can help him deal with his grief in a non self-destructing way. Wishing you healing vibes and good memories. Take Care.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Annie: I have no words to express my sadness to this tragedy. While reading, I so hoped it didn't involve your son. Glad to hear he's doing well, so soooooooooooo happy he is where he is when receiving this news. Makes my heart hurt to read this message.

• crackpotannie
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks.at first I did not tell him but then felt I was cheating him ,so I called his counselor and he said I did the right thing and he should know while he is in a controlled enviorment.He handled well ,regardless of his addiction he is a good man and believes in God and say's she is in a better place,so that helped him to deal with it.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Annie,

that is horrible sad news! So tragic and at such a young age She sounds like a young lady who really made her mark in this world.
    I , too, am glad that your son was able to hear this news in a controlled enviroment where he can talk about his feelings. So that is good, this will make him stronger but I am so sorry for the family .

I find myself saying all the time that the good die young because they have served t heir purpose here and are moving onm as hard as it is to accept for the living

We're thinking of you and hope that mosiacing something special for her family might be a good tonic, and perhaps your son could help with this too?

take care.

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Oh Annie, I know how hard this is for you..I can feel your pain and loss. I too am glad your son can be counseled during this loss and learn to deal with it in a controlled environment.
    It seems that this was a freak accident that never should have happened, but God does have his way in choosing the ones he believes have finished their time here.
    Best wishes to you and your son.
    We will look forward to having you back soon.
    Carol

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

OMG thats aweful... very tragic Annie.

• cadonna
    15 years ago

Thanks for sending me the link annie. i am SO sorry for the heartbreak you are all facing. i'm glad you and your son have your faith to provide strength in this storm. my thoughts and prayers are with you all during this sad time.

• curbdiver1954
    15 years ago

Annie - I just caught this thread....so-o-o-o very sorry to hear of the tragedy that has struck someone so near and dear to both you and your DS. She sounds like a warm and loving person...Her family and yours will be in our prayers as all of you work thru this heartbreak. Our faith serves us as a wonderous shelter during times like this...it is perfect that your DS is in a supportive warm environment right now.

Hugs,
    Pat

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Oh Annie, I am so sorry for this tragedy....I too thought it involved your son's wellbeing in treatment. It is a blessing your son is in the environment he is in....especially when receiving this news.....the way this friend died is so horrific......I pray for her family and for you and your son...........may God wrap his arms around all of you and comfort you.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Annie, when I had 6 months clean and sober, my mom died of an alcohol induced anurism, she was my biological mom that lost me to her addiction(alcohol)when I was 2, well she came back into my life when I was 26 and helped me get into the 12 step programs, AA & NA, like she gave me life and then gave me a new life...my new clean and sober friends rallied around me and helped me thru it, and I am clean and sober for the last 18 yrs, as a tribute to her!!! And my children! But at the time I dedicated my recovery to her and what she did for me! Your Son is in good hands I'm sure, and am honored that you are reaching out to us and sharing this with us!! May God Keep You! Jane

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, Annie, I've been on vacation and didn't come over to the conversation side before to see where you were. I am so terribly sorry to hear about your son's friend. I know it is heartbreaking for all of you. Please know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Annie, I can't tell you how many times I've thought of you and your son since reading this post in July. I know we never really get over these tragic events, but I hope that time is helping to soften some of the edges for you both.

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH