Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Fish Tower!!!

Calamity_J
15 years ago

Klinger came over today and I suprised her with my fish tower!!! It's a big galvanized tub/pond with a few plants and I bought 3 new fish(Fish&Chips&Coleslaw!)lol! and this 1 gallon jar...They love it!!ha! It's just the coolest thing!!! I don't know why they like this but they sure do...I could watch this for hrs!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:145061}}

Comments (14)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

hey, how do you do that? cool

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

I'd like to know how you do that, too. I don't have a pond, but it's really a cool looking thing!

Be Safe, Rach

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

All I did was set the gal jar in the tub, filled it up, then brought it up bottom first to keep the water in the jar and tub together, sacrificed a bowling ball stand (metal stand)to set it on, and Bob's your uncle! Cool eh?!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is a pic of what the set up looks like!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:145063}}

• shrty411
    15 years ago

That is so cool. If I ever get a pond I'm using your idea!

• chickencollecter
    15 years ago

Me too!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

isn't that wild? wonder why the gold fish desire to be in there looking at our world?

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, yes, I've seen this done, and you've made it seem so simple. What an ingenious idea, and YES, watching fish is very relaxing. Wonder if they think they're trapped or know they can get out if they desire???

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

What a great idea.. I may try that in one of my small ponds, it looks very interesting.. glad you shared with us.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I was talking to Klinger about it and it would be easy enough to use an aquariam too!!! For bigger fish!

• meadel
    15 years ago

This is so cool!
    ( and I had to look up your phrase" Bob's your Uncle" !! Never heard that before! So here it is for any of you who haven't either)

From WiKI:
    In 1887, British Prime Minister Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 3rd Marquess of Salisbury, appointed his nephew Arthur James Balfour as Minister for Ireland. The press had a field day when he referred to the Prime Minister as "Uncle Bob".[1] Balfour later went on to become Prime Minister himself. This theory claims that to have "Bob" as one's uncle is a guarantee of success, hence the implied meaning, "and if you do this, you cannot fail." Another theory is that the phrase derives from the slang "all is bob", which means "everything is good".
    Variations

A variation of this saying is also "Robert's your father's brother." It is used in the same context as "Bob's your uncle" and is meant to put a spin on the commonly used phrase. Another more elaborate version is "Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt".
    I like Bob the best !!!
    Thanks for the "lesson" Jane ! : )

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lol! I just learned what "rule of thumb" means!

• gretch1964
    15 years ago

Well i loved this idea. We went and bought the jar, iceman welded a metal holder. Put it in the pond. It looked so cool. Well we had to take it out. I have dumb frogs. Well there not dumb now there dead. 3 of them went in there and they died. And i'm talking about our big bull frogs. They are bigger then my hand. Poor things i felt so bad. We have a ton of frogs. Thanks for a great idea.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Awww. Poor little froggies. I think they can stay under water a bit, but must come up for air, so they couldn't get out for air.