Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

Spring 08 More blooms from Texas

flagtruck
15 years ago

I took most of these this afternoon, things are springing up all over...Slow has roses and I seem to have Clematis, Iris and Hostas. also a few new WIP

This is my favorite time of year...

Here is a link that might be useful: New photos

Comments (10)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, my favorite time of year too, FLAG. Y'all, if ever you get near enough to East TX, you MUST stop to wander through FLAG's magical gardens. She's the most amazing woman I know - she does it ALL. I could pitch a tent and live in her garden. It's so peaceful, inspirational and energizing all at the same time. It takes several trips to see it all, and by the time you get back there, there's a whole lot more she's accomplished. I LOVE YOUR PLACE, FLAG!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Oh my goodness,I've been there!!!And am I glad I have,Flag boy has everything come alive since then,if all your plants had been blooming like this I would have just moved in with you.Both of you fine ladies have beautiful places.I so envy your weather.In a mo all my flowers will be burned up and brown no matter how much I water.You are both amazing.It's such a joy to know you both.

• silvamae
    15 years ago

How lovely. I too could live in your garden, and you wouldn't even know I was there. What a magical place.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks to all of you. I wish all of you could make the trip and just hang out. I am so inspired with all of the green and blooms. I grouted most of the day today, besides doing some more tiles and bricks for the crazy path phase III. I started the concrete frog that I made feet for, finished the strawberry pot, will seal it tomorrow, grouted a broken flowerpot I mosaiced,and working on a few things in the studio. I went to my storage trailer Monday and found an old windchime that the strings had rotted out and brought it home and am covering the wood clapper and top etc with mosaic and will string beads on the monofilament. I guess I think I need a little more bling in my life! I am also working on a metal vase that I found at a ys. Covering it with mosaic flowers from old china. I will do a pic later of WIP. Tomorrow, I have to go pick up a lot of flamingo pink tile that a remodeler is tearing out of an old house here. The meter reader girl told me about it so I went over there and he said I could have all I wanted. So, I see a Riana flamingo in my future. I can't think of a better way to use retro tiles. Besides, all that, I am not doing much...later, thank you all again.
    Carol

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

OMG Flag that is gorgeous!!! I'm going to steal your pond!
    I'm very new to TX gardening(CA desert transplant) and the last three years have been quite the gardening lesson!
    GRASS grows in to a VINE. Who'da thunk it??? I love the way your beds have lots of barrier between it and the grass. I also am guessing from the pics that you don't have a great deal of sod. I'm trying something new for me.
    A TX native,wildlife friendly xeriscape with a shallow water feature WITHOUT looking like an overgrown field. Wish me luck! PJ

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

pj- Where are you in Texas. I would be glad to help you if I can, I have lots of plants I can divide with you to get you startwed,
    I don't have much to mow and try for less every year. I am like Slow in that we both have very high maintenance yards, I love it tho and thank you for the compliments.

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

Thank you! My favorites are TX native plants. I like indigenous even better.
    I live in Benbrook TX(suburbs of FW)
    The garden I started here 3yrs ago was a new and difficult learning experience. I didn't know how important it was to put edging(under and above ground)between the grass and the flowers. I started with caliche soil that was solid weeds,overgrown hackberries IN the fence line, and foundation plantings that were above the roofline. Also, no mature trees. The Silver Maples had long since died. Here's the before and after.
    I'm moving to Burleson to a home with mature trees,at least SOME beds and OK sod (a requirement no more fixers!!!) I will have sandy soil with some loam. I like being outside and find gardening a great de-stresser!This is all organic except for very little round up I started using this year.

BEFORE:
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

AFTER:
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Oh Flag, I musta spent an hour going thru all your pics...Eye Candy!!!

• cait1
    15 years ago

Your garden is soooo beautiful. I really love all the different ways you display your succulents. I think that's one of the things I really like about succs - they are so very adaptable to all kinds of situations.

Now I recall from a thread that you don't live too far from Slow and I was wondering about snow and stuff - do you have to move your succulents to prevent them from freezing? I have to keep mine protected b/c of all the frost I get here, usually move them under bushes or into the carport, and was wondering if you do the same.

You really have a spectacular garden and I hope to see it one day!!

Cait - missing America

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOw. I forgot all about this conversation side again. Call me brain dead. , I love your gardens , they are so beautiful.

we sure have very talented garden gurus along with mosaic artists.!!!

Beautiful. thanks for sharing. And I love your rescue frog, he is going to be a keeper.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals