Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Had rotten luck with Craigs and Online shop

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 26, 08 at 20:03

I'm bummed. I saw an add on Craig's list for stained glass and checked out today. I ended up spending $31 and really think I got ripped off. Gal is moving and I thought I could come home with a lot of beautiful glass. I should have figured out when i had to ask the price of a sheet i fell in love with but was marked 25.. well those were her prices. Now I am a newbie but looked at Delphi when I got home and I swear I payed more for some of my "sale" glass than it would be on Delphi... So.. i am bummed.

Then yesterday had a bad experience with Wholesalers USA. They are coming through for me and I have to say I ordered on Tuesday and got it on Thursday, it was beautifully packed. So kudos for that, but I didn't get one of my items. and instead of saying, well buyer is always right, they more or less said I was lying... But.. in the end , they are sending me another one.. still left a bad taste.. I had to tell them I was a member of this group to let them know I would be sharing my experiences. sorry i had to revert to that. And I noticed in the nicely worded email I got to say they were shipping it, "reshipment" of turtle.... so that more or less says it all.

so.. i had a bad weekend and it is only Saturday night. Maybe I'm just being snippy. And who knows maybe some of those 4x4 sheets of glass were worth $4-5...

Oh well.. Live and learn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Had rotten luck with Craigs and Online shop

Awwww - so sorry for your experiences - seems they come in clumps all at one time, huh?

o

Awe Mermaid, I'm sorry that happened. Beware glass sellers on craigs list unless you know your stuff before hand.

o

NT, Yep, it was my fault. I just ASSUMED other people were like me.. Ha ha.. You would THINK I would have learned not to ASSUME anything.... by the time I reached the half century mark!!!

oh well, i did get some pretty glass ...

o

Don't feel bad mermaid, I've done things like this before. I get anxious to buy something and I've learned the hard way that it's best to know the prices first.

I wish I had some stained glass to let you have so you'd feel better.
Hugs, Carol

o

Been there done that! It's the bummer part of the adventure. PJ

o

Thanks, you all make me feel better. I just need to start another project to get back in the swing of things.. waiting for my sea turtle base.. at least they did send me one, hopefully it will come soon, and I can glue myself silly and feel all better.

o

There you go - mosaicing cures lots of pains.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here