Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can't resist a good bargain...& neither can the cat!

Posted by curbdiver1954 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 08 at 19:05

Remembered on my way to work this AM that one of my fav TS's was having an everything 30-50% off day, giving the first 50 people a $5 disc card and a free resuable tote....can't resist such an offering, so I stopped there first. Got a few things that may go on my exchange bank, picked up the free tote and headed off to work.

Had a yucky day at work, came home early with a pounding headache, hung the tote on a chair in the dining room and went to lay down. 2 hours later DD called to tell me she's stranded (AGAIN!!) by her blasted van. Stumbled thru the dining room on the way to find the jumper cables, bumped the chair and heard the tote hiss and growl. Out popped our Grace - she who is little "Miss Prim and Proper" and would NEVER even think of crawling into bags, boxes, etc.

As I snapped this shot, she started scolding me loudly as if to say "How dare you disturb my beauty sleep!" and sank back into the tote! Grace and her littermate, Lucky, are 2 of the 4 babies DH rescued nearly 2 years ago after their mother abandoned them when they were 4-5 days old. He did all the round the clock feedings, taught them to potty, etc. He even taught Lucky (who was born without a right front paw) how to climb, jump and play.

Yes, my day is going much better now! LOL!

Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can't resist a good bargain...& neither can the cat!

What a pretty kitty!!! I always think I have world's most bizarre cat until I hear about someone else's! LOL! PJ

o

How sweet,love your kitty story.

o

THANK YOU for the great story!!! I am a BIG fan of recycling and love your kitty story!! Love the bag too! The theme on my homemade biz cards for my garden art is *Recycle*Recreate*Reinstate*

o

Oh, how cute that is. I'm always amazed at the antics of cats. ROSEMARYTHYME's cat is the only one I've ever seen that IF I were a cat person, I'd like to have. My DD gave it to them as a kitten. He's a Hemmingway Cat - five fingers, and is the most interesting cat to be around. He checks me out eyeball to eyeball every time I go there, especially when I'm wearing a hat. He gives me the once-over. He also DEMANDS attention - center stage at all times. He's is soooooo beautiful.

o

What a cutie. You didn't know you got that tote for her LOL

o

How cute is that!! I love cats, I see another one sneeking up to see what's going on, cats are so nosey.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here