Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

What I've been doing...not mosaics!

girlgroupgirl
17 years ago

I have a pot to be grouted. I haven't gotten to it yet. Last week was prime gardening weather...and prime TEARING THE HOUS UP WEATHER.

Although I am not doing it myself, I constantly have to stop and make decisions etc. The renovator is excellent at keeping me abreast of everything, and letting me make as many decisions as possible to every detail.

Here's about where we are at, now. My friend Mike came to take photos and posted them on Shutterfly:

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AbOGjVw0cOGcf

GGG

Comments (6)

• texaswild
    17 years ago

What a darlin' little bungalow! Having renovated a three-story Victorian, I feel your pain, but also know some of it is excitement and satisfaction. I see you like color just as I do. I could never live w/white walls. Looks like you practically rebuilt the whole house. When do you estimate the finish of it all? You're doing a great job.

• shrty411
    17 years ago

WOW MAJOR renovations!! I don't envy the mess, but it'll be great when it's done!! Keep us posted on the progress!!

Maria

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

They are doing all but 4 rooms. The upstairs bathroom we will leave until we see how much moola we have left after this. It is a BIG job. They estimate 4-5 more weeks. At least that is the time alotted on site. They may have to go do a few smaller jobs in between and come back to finish...it's just "one of those things" getting it done.
    The exterior plumbing is now finished, and they filled it in but really mixed gravel into the area that is supposed to be garden which is a bummer. Still have to put in exterior drainage (which means digging it up again, a bit!).

Now they can move on to finish up the interior.

GGG

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

WOW!!! Love your house and your decorating style!!! AND another red head!!! Sheesh, Maybe I'll dye my hair and it'll help me be as vibrant as so amy of ya an this forum!!ha! Jane

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, we are now finally putting things together after ripping a lot of it apart. My goodness, how much had to be torn out, I didn't think our house was THAT bad, lol. But we have finally, after 10 years solved the 'mystery water' in the basement, and the reason the ceiling was leaking at times. The darned roofer who had charged us an arm and a let DID NOT PUT WOOD up! Tar paper over rafters and then shingles. Sheesh. And this guy is supposed to be my friend too.
    The renovator has put the kaibosh on interior mosaics. We just don't have the time now. I can re-do the fireplace hearth myself, but we have lost time due to so many 'mysteries' needing to be solved that we really need to get stuff back together. I don't have all the materials for the kitchen mosaics either. So for now it is regular tile and if I choose so, we can mosaic later.
    At least I finally found the chance to grout my planter yesterday. Now I have a pair, and another pot just waiting to have it's turn! I need to find some nice pink plates for "tile"!

GGG

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

That roof issue sounds awefull!!! For shame! Well, sounds like you have a solid house now and the rest will come... I too am doing some renos, not nearly as yummy as yours, just ripping up carpet for new stuff and finished my art room. Yippee! I'd love to get rid of all the ceramic tile in my place especially in the kitchen, very ugly, but put down so good I'd need a jackhammer and Jack(lol) to do it!!! So it would be too costly and hard for me to do. I'm surprising DH who is away for 9 days, with new carpeting, I'm saving by ripping up the old stuff myself. Gees, I'd sure love to redo my kitchen tile myself, but just not in the budget. Ohhhh, the backsplash I'd create....

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths