Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

horrific news

nicethyme
17 years ago

possibly over 20 shot dead on VA tech campus... one is rumored to be a local girl, daughter of a friend and client.

please pray

Comments (11)

• shrty411
    17 years ago

That'a just awful. You kids are supposed to be safe there. Condolences to your client if it is her.

Maria

• coppertop367
    17 years ago

Now they are saying 22 dead and 28 injured... Such a terrible tragedy!! I am about 2 hours away from there and Blacksburg is just a beautiful small town.. you would have never thought this would happen there...

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Oh no!!
    Can you believe this world is like this?
    Hoping for the best. Let us know.

Hazie

• coppertop367
    17 years ago

now its 32 dead!! I just can't believe it. What a horrible horrible thing..

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

copper, who is reporting that number I haven't got anything new since 22 was announced?

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ok, the university is now confirming the toll is over 30 now.

The question is why they lifted the 1st lockdwn after the 7:15 shootings and preceeded to hold classes without knowing the whereabouts of the shooter???

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Emails are circulating through the county. saying she passed, my heart is breaking

• shrty411
    17 years ago

oh,no.........maybe at some point you could do something like Annie did for her friend..........later on.

I lost my son, but even I can't imagine losing a child under those circumstances

Maria

• coppertop367
    17 years ago

I am so sorry to hear that, nicethyme. My prayers are with them.

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just found this on cnn, I had been holding out hope till now

"Emily Jane Hilscher, 19, a freshman majoring in animal and poultry sciences, was known around her hometown as an animal lover. "She worked at a veterinarian's office and cared about them her whole life," Rappahannock County Administrator John W. McCarthy, a family friend, told the AP. Hilscher, of Woodville, Virginia, was a freshman majoring in animal and poultry sciences. She lived on the same dorm floor as victim Ryan Clark, McCarthy said. A friend, Will Nachless, also 19, said Hilscher "was always very friendly. Before I even knew her, I thought she was very outgoing, friendly and helpful, and she was great in chemistry."

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Gosh, I was holding out hope for you nicethyme. Sorry.

BUT whoever they were, they were someone's child and each one is a great loss

Maria

Sponsored