Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Pink 'n Sheers

texaswild
17 years ago

Since this piece isn't related to SG/M, I'm posting a picture of my interpretation of an art piece I saw in P.V. I had to make the "garter belt" twice, and one stocking to get a feel for the experimentation. For the belt part, I used the metal plumber's strapping tape. For the metal parts that hold the stockings, I used shim metal (ungalvanized steel) - very thin, in which I punched a flower design - sorry my photography is AWFUL. Silvercoated chain from the jewelry section from HobLob and pink beads from an old necklace and gold beads from Michaels and the discs are from a garage sale of a belly dancer's stash. The stockings are aluminum screen. This was a difficult project as I've tried several ways to put the pieces together, ending up w/brass wire in some parts and rivets and a setting tool in other parts, but very difficult cuz I'm not strong enough to make a hand-held riveter work. Tried muratic acid to tarnish the different metals, but not successful, so I spray painted the whole thing black. Made a cute little hanger w/eyelash yarn to hang them with, but it took away so there's still enough pink in them to keep the name I chose for the piece. There are three shots in my album but on the third one you may have to back up and do it again - little trouble there. They're hanging in the guestroom where my GD sleeps on visits - she's majoring in art in college, so she gets the funky art in her room. I am like NICETHYME in admiring her work - I LOVE this piece.

Pink 'n Sheers

Comments (11)

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Oh Slow! Those turned out so perfect!!! I wanna do a set too!! Maybe I'll do a mini set for my art room!!! And now that I think of it, I'm going to paint my cupboards and shelves like she had hers too!!! Like your ironing board! I am having so much fun with this painting my art room, can't believe I haven't done it sooner! It's getting so nice and enticing in there now! DH is calling this colr "interesting"LOL! I want to do mushrooms soon too!The Riana way, I already went out and bought some wire mesh. Those stockings are just too perfect! And inspiring! Way to go!!! Jane

• haziemoon
    17 years ago

Slow! those are so great!
    My daughter would love those. Very cool!!!
    Sounds like quite a process too. You are amazing!

Hazie

• stjohnsgypsy
    17 years ago

ooooooohh la la.........whit wioo......whistling that is......good job! To have legs like that!!!!!

• tasymo
    17 years ago

Well aren't you just a clever Lil' Heifer! Those are so cool!

• coppertop367
    17 years ago

That is just too cool, slowmedown! What a wonderful idea!Weird idea....but wonderful!! I bet your GD will get a real kick out of that.. Great job!!

• shrty411
    17 years ago

GD majoring in art huh?? I wonder who she inherited THAT from!!

What a fun piece, but yours always are. Amazing how you worked that all out!!

Maria

• nicethyme
    17 years ago

LOL TASY!

SLOW - THOSE ARE SO COOL! I LOVE THEM! FABULOUS! I would be walking in there every 10 minutes to look! very very cool!

• rosemarythyme
    17 years ago

Well, you DID it! SO FABULOUS, dawling!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Couldn't sleep past 3:00 this morn, so got up at 4:ish. Thanks a million, y'all. JANE - can't wait to see how you work yours out. HAZIE - you gonna make her a set??? TASY - that expression comes in sooo handy. GYPSIE - your whistling make me LOL. I wish I could take credit for the idea, but the ones in the Haciendo Mosaico were sooooooo wonderful, I just had to try to copy the idea. Those were made from metal that had a patina and the old-fashioned screen that rusts. Can't find that here. Thanks again.

• klinger
    17 years ago

Slow, what a great set of legs, lol. You made a great copy, and very imaginitive with how you did it too,Love em,
    Cindy

• crackpotannie
    17 years ago

What can I say that hasn't been said???YOU are amazing never cease to AMAZE!!!

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone