Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tile mosaic vs stained glass

Posted by little_sardy (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 05 at 0:28

I have a question and I'm sure it's been answered before - in my opinion, tile mosaic projects and stained glass projects are very different. Why are the two put into one forum? Just curious if anybody knows why. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tile mosaic vs stained glass

just a thought but in my case i buy alot of stained glass scraps from my local shop and thats what i use for one of my mosaic mediums.

o

One and one-half years later I will contribute to this post, hahaha. I like to mix it all up. Here's one that's a mix:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Another cutie, SILVA. What a great mix.

o

Oooohhh, Silva, another cutie for sure! I love ALL your birdhouses. I think I'm going to be forced to do one of those, too!

Barbara

o

Your birdhouses are great! I love the way you do the roofs!!

Maria

o

Well I think it's because tile and stained glass can both be
used in mosaics, and maybe there just wasn't a real need for 2 different forums, because this one was soooo slow for so long. Someday when it picks up, there might one for each.
Which on were you looking for here?

Silvamae....That birdhouse is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!

Haziemoon

o

Silvamae..love that birdhouse!

o

little_sardy I don't recall seeing your work, which is it you do, stained glass or mosaic?

o

Lot's of folks here do both, and then there are the glass on glass mosaics that incorporate mosaic techniques into a stained glass window. Personally I'm happy to see them mixed. Silvamae, I love your birdhouse. Very cute!

o

Ah - a blast from the past thread . . . .

My opinion (not that it's worth anything) is that there are not enough people who post here about ONLY traditional stained glass usage. If it was ONLY stained glass, the forum would be useless because no one would post.

At least the mosaic people are prolific and chatty . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here