Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
curbdiver1954

HOT Stock Tip!!

curbdiver1954
16 years ago

If any of ya'll "play" the market, have I got a tip for you! Buy stock in Johnson & Johnson....they make Bandaids and I have gone thru enough of those today to make their stock rise like a meteor! LOL!! Finally got up the courage to start slicing a few pieces Haviland china for a shabby chic project....didn't know the wet saw blade was **that** dull so had teeny, tiny bits flying literally everywhere. Figured it was just the was real china is **supposed** to cut with a saw since I usually nip, so kept on going. By the time I came in for the evening I was sporting 12 bandaids on my fingers, hands and forearms....didn't bother with the little pinpricks on my face and neck. Thank GOD for safety glasses! I **did** find a couple of little pieces inside them, tho. Telling myself they fell out of my hair as I was removing the glasses....

Glad I got my feet wet (so to speak) cutting up "nice" china - most of them had a chip here or there, so the value wasn't very great except in my mind. Maybe this has gotten me over the "don't cut up that pretty stuff"...at least maybe I can cut it up AFTER checking it's value instead of just buying it with the best mosaic intentions and then chickening out! LOL!!

Pat

Comments (4)

Sponsored