Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HOT Stock Tip!!

Posted by curbdiver1954 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 10, 08 at 18:55

If any of ya'll "play" the market, have I got a tip for you! Buy stock in Johnson & Johnson....they make Bandaids and I have gone thru enough of those today to make their stock rise like a meteor! LOL!! Finally got up the courage to start slicing a few pieces Haviland china for a shabby chic project....didn't know the wet saw blade was **that** dull so had teeny, tiny bits flying literally everywhere. Figured it was just the was real china is **supposed** to cut with a saw since I usually nip, so kept on going. By the time I came in for the evening I was sporting 12 bandaids on my fingers, hands and forearms....didn't bother with the little pinpricks on my face and neck. Thank GOD for safety glasses! I **did** find a couple of little pieces inside them, tho. Telling myself they fell out of my hair as I was removing the glasses....

Glad I got my feet wet (so to speak) cutting up "nice" china - most of them had a chip here or there, so the value wasn't very great except in my mind. Maybe this has gotten me over the "don't cut up that pretty stuff"...at least maybe I can cut it up AFTER checking it's value instead of just buying it with the best mosaic intentions and then chickening out! LOL!!

Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HOT Stock Tip!!

Oh, you're too funny! Be careful, I wouldn't want you to lose an eye!!

o

AND NO PICS??? FOR SHAME GIRLIE!!! I bought a face shield for just such reasons...safety is important!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Safety wear!!!

o

Better get to Lowes and get a new blade for that saw, girlie. Sounds dangerous. And yeah, where are the pics?

o

yeah uh... I'm with Slow and Calam, where's the pictures??? of the china of course, I don't need to see your boo boos.

sounds like a pretty hazardous day, good thing you wore your goggles

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here