Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
curbdiver1954

big wild fire headed for sis & bil's ranch....

curbdiver1954
16 years ago

Please pray!!! The ranch has been in the family for 4 generations...farmhouse that was his grandparents 1st home, loaded with family memories and mementos. BIL and his sister are at the ranch right now, he's trying to round up cattle and horses to get them to relative safety. She's manning the gate to let the Volunteer Fire Department onto the property. He dug a firebreak a couple of weeks ago, but it's not in the right position. Fire is NW of the house and moving east, but the wind is supposed to shift anytime to blow from the north...that would mean sure disaster. Please pray that all humans and animals stay safe and that the fire keeps going east since that's pretty much open country. Very frightening......feeling so helpless since I am 300+ miles away!

Pat

Comments (13)

• cadonna
    16 years ago

How frightening this must be for you! My prayers are with you and your family and all animals for protection from this fire! My God's hand keep you all safe.

• tanber
    16 years ago

Oh Pat, I am so sorry to hear this. I am in the TX Hill Country and this is such a serious problem. I have been watching one to the south of me this afternoon. We will say extra prayers for your family. Some for RAIN too! Hang in there, I know how scarry it is.

Tanya

• curbdiver1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Tanya - where are you in the Hill COuntry? My dad's family originally settled in Oak Hill just outside of the then city limits of Austin and later moved to the Marble Falls area. We're in Arlington and my sis is in West TX.

Pat

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Prayers are being said!

• tanber
    16 years ago

Pat,
    I am in Fredericksburg. I love love Marble Falls!
    Is the fire out yet? I sure hope they are all ok. I used to live in West Texas/Panhandle part of the state and oh those winds!
    Are ya'll having many fires up where you are? We seem to have several a week now. They have one of those helicopters with the hose stationed at our airport. Flew over the house today. Keep us upto date on your sister.
    Boy, I sure got chatty.......

Tanya

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

Pat....
    Hoping and sending a prayer that your family is safe. We are all thinking of you. What a terrible thing to see the power of nature turned on those we love.... turned on anyone!

Tanya...
    M-in Law is in New Braunsfels area... daughter in Austin. We visited Fredericksburg last summer. Had a WONDERFUL time! Hope to return in mid June again. (We even looked online for property out there. It's very hard to be away from DH's mother... and from my family... baby granddaughter. :)

Again, Pat. Thinking of you!
    Katie

• PantherFL
    16 years ago

I'm just seeing this, and I hope the danger is past by now. But saying a prayer for all in the path of the fire.

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Just now reading this.........puting this in my prayes tonight......so sorry...let us know what is happening........hopefully, it's turning out good for your family. How scary...and I feel so badly for the animals too...................................let us know please

• curbdiver1954
    Original Author
    16 years ago

OUr email was down yesterday so am just now able to let you know that everything worked out PERFECTLY! Thank you so much for your prayers!! The fire only got one outbuilding on another rancher's property and then it stopped right at the cattleguard that would have led it to that rancher's home...no people or stock injured. The Nat'l Forest Service sent in 2 helicopters that made 2 water drops each and about the same time the wind shifted again and sent the fire more to the south so it only got about 2 miles from from the old farmhouse. They had 2 pumper trucks from a friend's oil company stationed by the homestead pasture, and the county sent out road graders to plow fire breaks everywhere they could safely reach. All in all, it was a frightening time, but worked out well. Lots of burned pasture land, but hay can always be brought in and we are so-o-o-o grateful that no life was lost!

THans again for your prayers!!
    Pat

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Glad things turned out good. And best of all family is SAFE

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Thank you, Lord, for miracles and answered prayers.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Amen!!!

• andrea_2
    16 years ago

Just now seeing this, and I'm so glad no humans or critters lost their lives!

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996