Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tasymo

My Dolls...

tasymo
17 years ago

Here is a picture of my Dolls. I'm creating a tavern scene to display them in to put them in context. There are lots more, still in my head, waiting to be created, but they keep crashing into this MOSAIC WALL and can't seem to get out!!!

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

• shrty411
    17 years ago

Those are so amazing!! Wow

Maria

• madhabitz
    17 years ago

Dude! Oh man, I LOVE them! You should be making these full time. You HAVE to make more. Elinor would love them to death. I love them to death.

Honestly, you *need* to do more.

Nancy

• coppertop367
    17 years ago

Good Grief!!! Those are awesome!!!!

• nicethyme
    17 years ago

WOW TASYMO! WOW... what is the scale/size. Amazing work!

• yvonne_tpi
    17 years ago

I hope you win, they are amazing!

• Calamity_J
    17 years ago

Those are waaaay cool!!!

• tasymo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Everyone!
    Nicethyme, they are about 15-16 inches high. I don't really pay to much attention to scale, really just do 'em for fun.

Kathy

• chickeemama
    17 years ago

Oh wow..they are spectacular..you are very talented...I couldn't carve,sculpt or however they are made if I tried w/ borrowed hands!!! The tavern theme is great also...

• kudzukween
    17 years ago

Wow,what a talented lady!

• texaswild
    17 years ago

I'm just blown away w/your talent for this medium. How do you get the shine on the nails? Did you make ALL parts?

• cait1
    17 years ago

I'm gobsmacked!!!! (How's that for a good ole Aussie expression!)
    Kathy, you are one amzingly creative lady. God bless you.
    Cait

• stjohnsgypsy
    17 years ago

You made these!!!! They are absoutely wonderful!!! I can't imagine having the skills and talent to do something like that....I am blown away!

• klinger
    17 years ago

Very cool, I love the detail and the great charachter work on them.
    Cindy

• tasymo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you, Everyone!
    Yes, Slow- I made them all starting with a wire coat hanger armature and building on that. Just the heads, hands and feet are polymer clay. The bodies are cushion foam and quilt batting over the armature. I had a blast on ebay hunting for bits and pieces to create the tavern. That is still a work in progress. I want to mosaic the floor to look like stone, and make "fieldstone" fireplace. I've borrowed different techniques from various doll artists. An artist named Jill Willich has a tutorial on making hands that shows how to make the realistic fingernails. I used a glaze made for polymer clay to give them a sheen. They really are a fun hobby, though quite time consuming. I've neglected them terribly this winter... I can post a few more pics if you gals would like to see them.

Kathy

• tasymo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here are a couple of composites I put together of two of them showing some close ups and different angles- I haven't made one of Fergus Lightfinger yet!

Kathy

• tasymo
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here's Angus!

Kathy

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator