Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Pictures from Puerto Vallarta Workshop

texaswild
14 years ago

Returned last Sunday night, worn to a frazzle, and am almost recovered. It was a wonderful workshop, and I have a head full of new knowledge I'm anxious to put into action. I went to learn cold connections and soldering techniques. I wore a couple of my projects during the remainder of the workshop, and hope to refine my work in order to make larger pieces for mosaics. The enameling alone w/be fun to use for making my signature hearts. I made three pendents and a bracelet.

PV Workshop Pictures

Comments (6)

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

OH OH OHHH!!! the things you have LEARNED!!!!I'm so envious! how fabulous oooooooh the things you are going to make with this new found inspiration!!!! WOW, loved sooo much of what I saw in your pics WOW!!!!

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

I Love your pics! awesome things being made, and you look marvellous!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Wonderful! Were all those projects yours? You really did a lot in that workshop. I bet it is the greatest one yet?

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, not all mine. My projects were: second image on second row - except cuz of a screw up on the red enameled heart it turned into the third image on last row. Also made the second image on third row. These are pendants. Haven't finished my ordering lists of supplies, and since I feel so guilty about working w/o housecleaning, I haven't gone to the workshop since I returned. It was the best trip since the one in 2007 - Riana's concrete sculptures. Had this class not filled, I was going just to hang out w/her and mosaic the things she made last year. I enjoyed the workshop so much I didn't take time out to work on those projects. Thanks, FLAG.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh Betty!!! It looks like an AMAZING class!!! What F.U.N.!!! Did you use any of that copper I sent you?, maybe it was too thin for this stuff? Man, there is gonna be some really neat things happening for your future projects!!! Cindy and I go to our glass fusing class next tuesday, and then will be playing with Cindy's brand new kiln!!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, you KNOW how to make me jealous and envious - I still want a kiln, but not falling into another money pit. I DID take that roll of copper out, but decided it was too thin, and I was short on lbs for my bag. I saw a U-tube other day where someone doubled and folded edges of copper foil, so I'm gonna try to do that w/some of that roll. Don't worry - I'm GONNA use that roll. The guage of copper/brass we were instructed to bring was 24-26. I have ordered the book "Amulets and Talisman" for ideas. Gonna dig out the book you gave me too. AS SOON AS I GET THIS HOUSE DUSTED!!!!!!!!!!