Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mosaic Workshop

Posted by foxglove44 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 11:38

Hi all.. I know I haven't been here in so long. I hope you all will forgive me. I havent' had much time to work and although I am not producing any more art or posting I have been lurking. I am so inspired by all of your work.
I am so excited! Tomorrow I am teaching my first workshop. It's at my husbands company. They have a center where they have a gym and a pool. They offer all kinds of health and fitness classes and they offer some continuing Ed type programs. I was asked to do a mosaic workshop! We are doing picture frames this month. I am working on a proposal to do another adult class this spring and two children workshops!
I am so thrilled. I hope to post some pics soon.
Betsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mosaic Workshop

There you are!!! I missed seeing you around..but sounds like you have a worthy excuse! Hope some day you can get active again, but keep lurking anyway....post some pictures of your workshops!!! Good luck and happy smashing!

o

Oh how fun, FOX: Yeah, pictures surely would be apprecited here.

o

I had such a great time! At first it was stressful because there was a mixup with the room. The room was overbooked. Sooooooooooooo... I just rolled with it and we took the hallway! It's a big hall and the company store was closed so we weren't going to be too disturbed. Actually it may have helped because people walking by were interested and asked about future classes.
There were 8 women and 2 teens in the class. Theywere fun and excited about the garden stepping stones we are going to do next. I feel so good to be doing something I love. It would be great if this worked out to be something I could do regularly.
Here are a few pics of the class.
Oh and I am so ready to do some work on my own again! Whoow.. got the fires burnin' again!
Betsy

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture Fame Workshop

o

Terrific. Glad you enjoyed it, and glad you stoked those fires. That means we'll be seeing more of your work SOON???

o

This sounds like fun! What a cool workplace to offer stuff like this. They must really care about employee satisfaction and retention.

o

cool,proud of you !

o

WOW!! Good to see ya again Fox!! Great job on the workshop!! Thanks for the pics!!!

o

We grouted our frames this past Saturday. Several of them asked if I could offer two workshops this next session.
I hope I can. It was so much fun
Betsy
Sorry for the lousy pic

Here is a link that might be useful: finished frames

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here