Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tips on removing glue?

Posted by peachykeen2008 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 08 at 10:20

This is a great site! Other obsessing mosaic people! So many lovely projects out there! I'm so happy to be here! Here's my question: Any ideas on removing dried Wellbond when I don't like the tile color I used on a particular area? By this point everything is dried on and using the aggressive method -- screwdriver, paint scraper -- endangers the other pieces in place. I use plywood. If I don't remove the glue, the new pieces are difficult to place because of the dried glop. I'm thinking there must be some sort of solvent that would dissolve the glue and also be less frustrating! Since I am relativel new at this, I think this will be an issue that will come up time and time again!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tips on removing glue?

It re-hydrates w/water, so just soften it w/a few drops of water, and let rest and then lift them off. This is why Weldbond isn't good for outside projects. Don't forget to post pictures when you're finished - or NOW - you KNOW we love WIP pics.

o
RE: tips on removing glue?

Thank you, Slowmedown, now that I've found my message on this board. I panicked a bit. I'm new at this posting too! So water is the key. Great, that is simple enough!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here