Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

an AHA moment!

nicethyme
17 years ago

ever since Slowmedown posted the description of her wall treatment I've been dying to do it. I figured on doing my DD's room but that's probably a year away. WELL, I am working on my LR right now but I just did the fresco thing with joint compound and I'm color washing this week BUT... there's this "beam" that runs the length of the room along the ceiling 2' from the wall. It's the carry beam for the house but it's exposed because the front wall is cantalevered out 2', it's drywalled. I haven't touched it yet cause I didn't know what I'd do to it...I wanted to make it interesting but not over the top (dh couldn't handle that) It hit me today to go dig out the TON of brown packing paper from a shipping box in my trash. YEP I'm gonna do it! LOL I'm so excited - it's the first time I really like an idea for that thing. The drywall in this house is subpar and add 13 years of being a rental and you can well imagine why I'm compelled to cover it in any way I can... woo hoo I can't wait to try this! Thanks Slow!

Comments (5)

Sponsored