Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
an AHA moment!

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 13, 07 at 23:56

ever since Slowmedown posted the description of her wall treatment I've been dying to do it. I figured on doing my DD's room but that's probably a year away. WELL, I am working on my LR right now but I just did the fresco thing with joint compound and I'm color washing this week BUT... there's this "beam" that runs the length of the room along the ceiling 2' from the wall. It's the carry beam for the house but it's exposed because the front wall is cantalevered out 2', it's drywalled. I haven't touched it yet cause I didn't know what I'd do to it...I wanted to make it interesting but not over the top (dh couldn't handle that) It hit me today to go dig out the TON of brown packing paper from a shipping box in my trash. YEP I'm gonna do it! LOL I'm so excited - it's the first time I really like an idea for that thing. The drywall in this house is subpar and add 13 years of being a rental and you can well imagine why I'm compelled to cover it in any way I can... woo hoo I can't wait to try this! Thanks Slow!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: an AHA moment!

Well, post pictures when you do it!

We must have the same cheap drywall. I can't get anything but the lightest pictures to stay up and I've used all kinds of anchors! A little tiff between a VERY sick dog and OLD cat put a softball size hole in it!

Maria

o

I didn't have wallpaper paste but I had Weldbond, so I watered it down and used it. Came up with a paint scheme yesterday but Dh really likes it as is... ??? it could stand but I'm not sure. BTW ignore the blue wall color, it's just the primer - that's going darker with a color wash.

anyways, I'm thrilled with this, it looks 100% better.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

That does look great!!!
I want to do it someplace too. I just love the look of it!
Very cool!

Hazie

o

OHHHH, as I trudge through the prep and painting of this house... my mind wonders to the next mosaic. Man I want to do the back of my bathroom door! I can see ambers in an abstract... that room beckens for color! argh... time to put another coat on my coffee table and start trim out the LR walls... boo hooo

o

This is going to be sooo pretty when you're done. Oh man, what a lot of work. Gives me ideas, though. Bet that crinkled paper treatment would even work on the walls of this tin can I live in!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here