Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mosaicwench1

Devastating news

mosaicwench1
16 years ago

A very dear friend's 22 year old son was found dead at college on Tuesday.

No foul play suspected but they don't know what killed him. They suspect natural causes because he had a stroke at the age of 5 but came back very well and never exhibited any other symptoms since.

The family is just devastated, as are we.

Hug your children and grandchildren and hold them close. I don't know what my friend is gonna do without her baby.

Comments (23)

• curbdiver1954
    16 years ago

Our prayers are already being sent. God bless you for drawing een closer to your friend and her family during this oh-so terrible time.

Hugs,
    Pat

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Oh Wench..Im so sorry for you and there family. To lose a child man...that would be so hard!!!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Oh dear, prayers to the family and you all.

• PantherFL
    16 years ago

OMG! I'll send a prayer for the family & friends of this young man, what a tragedy.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

This is sooo sad, I'll be praying for this family and DEF will hug my son(21) tomorrow(He's coming to town). I pray for strength for you too, to support this family.

• cadonna
    16 years ago

I am so sorry for their loss and yours too. Prayers coming for all of you for strength and support during this horrific time. I sent an email hug to my 23 year old son going to school in London. This kind of thing strikes fear in the heart of all parents.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

ugh... that's horrible...

extra hugs for those here on the forum who have faced this too...

Shrty, kween.. who else? I know i'm forgeting more

• crystal01
    16 years ago

Oh my prayers and thoughts are with you and that family. The most devastating news for any parent. My DD is 20 away at college. God bless them all.

• emtnest
    16 years ago

Oh so sorry to read this...my prayers are with you as well..

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Geeze, that's awful. I know how they feel.

Maria

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Oh dear God...such horrible news.....I have been close to that situation...and nothing brings a parent down on their knees faster........I pray that God will cradle your friend in his arms to help comfort her through this very difficult time......my prayers are to you for God to give you strength to support your friend in so much need of love and comfort......so sorry.

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Oh, this makes my heart hurt. Prayers here too for all of you.

• kymi75
    16 years ago

Oh My God, how sad!!!! I can't imagine.........my heart and prayers go out to you and the family.

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

I can't even imagine losing a son that young. Devistating doesn't even begin to describe what their family is going through .....

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

My deepest sympathy for you and the family.

• mosaicwench1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You guys are awesome - thank you for keeping us all in your prayers.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to lose a child like that, my thoughts and prayers are with the family!

Barb

• diamondjennie
    16 years ago

Thanks for the thought NICE, my David was just 5, it's now been 20 years. His birthday would have been Jan 15.

Prayers to your friend and the whole family, it leaves a void that is never filled. Gotta wait and see them on the other side! Jennie

• mosaicwench1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Today is his wake and tomorrow the funeral.

Gonna be rough, these next few days.

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Thinking of your friend and you....this is so tough.

• mosaicwench1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was a VERY hard couple of days. The young man was well loved by the community (his parents are great volunteers for the village as well as teachers) so the funeral and wake was like that of a President or Dignitary.

At the height of the wake there was a wait of an hour and a half to get to see his parents. And everyone waited and paid their respects.

So very hard to lose him.

Thanks to you all for praying for us and his family.

• shrty411
    16 years ago

The hard part for them is yet to come....

• mosaicwench1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You speak the truth, Shrty411.

Sponsored