Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicethyme

have a laugh at my expense!!!!

nicethyme
16 years ago

if CSI came into my house and sprayed luminal in my bathroom, they would be searching for a body!!!! LOL

I have several sprayers for work that always end up needing to be cleaned and dried out after freezing temps set in... so I end up doing this in the bath tub and everything goes just dandy with the first 2.

Let me see if I can paint this picture for ya all, the 3rd sprayer is used for deer repellant application, it's a byproduct from slaughter houses. A rank smelling mixture of what appears to be rancid blood - yes it works very well. But also it was recently applied and unbeknownst to me, the sprayer is still under pressure.

I am bent over the tub, over this sprayer. I fill it with clean water and prepare to pump that through after removing the nozzle. That's when it happened, like someone's carotid artery has just been slashed! It sprays across my glasses, my hair, the entire tub surround to the top and onto the ceiling. Behind me, it's on the toilet, the magazines, the tp, the pictures on the wall...

I kid you not, it was like cleaning up a murder scene. I was actually afraid my little one would walk in and be totally traumatized... it was so bad. LOL!

and WHAT A STINK!!! the only can of lysal under the sink WAS EMPTY!!!

OMG what a freaking mess I made!!! ugh... all I can do is laugh at myself LOL

Comments (18)

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

GAG....I hope you didn't compound the problem by THROWING UP! Glad I wasn't there. I hate blood and can hardly get past the issue of dealing with raw meat in the kitchen! I'm spraying some room deodorizer your way!

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh a nice time was NOT had! What a mess!!! I hear ya about CSI, I'm starting to talk the lingo and it cracks my DD up! One time many moons ago, in my drinking days, my old man was pissed at me for taking off drinking, (I conveneintly picked Friday nite bowling league, right beside my fav bar!) I promised to be home right after Bowling, Ya right, and away I went...now when I go AWOL, you don't see me for a few days...well, he was pissed and phoned the cops, my family, friends, to say it's been 24hrs and she is missing. He did this to shame me for worrying everybody, but what happened was HE got in BIG TROUBLE!!! I drove his truck to the Bowling alley that fateful night and when they checked his truck, not only did they find my bowling shoes in the back of the truck, but a blood soaked tarp and a blood soaked shovel...He had been hunting deer that week..I finally called in and he begged me to call the police as he was under suspicion of murder!!!LOL! It's funny now that I look back on it but now you know why I don't drink anymore!lol!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Oh,NT what a funny mental picture!

Maria

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

"But Grissom, the spatter pattern is all wrong for a woman her size" . . . . LOL. I'm sorry for your cleaning mess - that's a bummer.

I've been watching an area of grout and tile in my bathub and yesterday took a putty knife to it. Wet through two layers of drywall and guess who is now doing a complete destruction and reconstruction of the tiles/walls around her tub? Had I planned a little better, I'd retile and mosaic something along the way, but this is our ONLY bathroom and we need to be able to shower and use the tub asap.

So it's off to shop for a surround and then keep removing tile and wet drywall today.

Oh my aching back . . .

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

awe Wench, that's a bummer not to mention a lost opportunity huh? Yep, we only have one bathroom too... sucked when I took the door down to mosaic it! LOL

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

LOL .......... The mental image I have is priceless !

• lyndalu
    16 years ago

Oh, NT....what a picture you painted. OMG. And yeah, thank goodness your little one didn't wander into the bathroom at the wrong time. Did you manage to get it all cleaned up without any staining??

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Yuk, sounds like a stinking mess! NT, you have a good sense of humor.

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Well, on the upside, you won't have any of those pesky deer in your bathroom.

• lyndalu
    16 years ago

oh, bama.....ROFL

• meadel
    16 years ago

Nice : That's about as bad as it gets ! It did give me a visual of Carrie ! I'll bet that smell stayed with you long after the mess was cleaned up. ( in your memory and nasal passages) ! yuk-o !

Jane : !!!!!!!!!!!!

Bama: good one! LOL

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Meadal, it did. I ended up spraying my hair with Febreeze. That stuff is amazing, if you ever have a pet sprayed by a skunk - Febreeze WORKS!

Bama, after it happened my little DD kept bichen about the stink, "WHY did you do that????" so I said we won't have any deer eating in our bathroom, and she told me "We never DO!!!!" I think she's still mad at me.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Just a side mention, I heard frebreeze is harmful to pets???

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

from a forwarded e mail? let me guess, "it's just one molecule away from (insert poisonous substance of the week)"

sorry... I hadn't heard that Jane, I got the swiffer warning email. I don't believe anything till they prove it on snopes.com! LOL

• nicethyme
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Whomp! there it is

Here is a link that might be useful: febreze rumors

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

omg! calamity_J...
    I nearly pee'd my pants, laughing at what must have been one of the worst nights of his life...
    can one even remotely imagine what the cops thought?

that's terrible and soooo dammmed hilarious at the same time!....lol

.(*_*).

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Golly Nice...the least you could've of done is taken a few pictures!!! Just kidding...eeewwww that had to be naaasty!!!! I feel for ya...your gonna be remembering that for a long long time! Guess next time someone takes a powerpoop in the toilet it wont smell all that bad will it!!!!

Jane-Only in your life could something that funny (now anyhow!!) happen. I'll bet your hubby was trying not to wet his pants!!!!!

Wench- redoing the bathroom huh?? I wondered why we hadnt heard from you in awhile.

• cindiloo
    16 years ago

Writer's strike? What writer's strike? Ya got CSI over on the NT channel and Lost Without a Trace on the CALAMITY Network! LOL!!!

Sponsored