Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Exchange Questions

Posted by bamasusanna (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 08 at 19:39

I'm being tempted to use a lot of beads, but does that make it more of a "beaded ball" than a "mosaiced ball"?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Exchange Questions

In my opinion it doesnt.I say it is still a mosaiced ball!!I guess you'll have to see what others say!!

o

Oh i was wondering the same thing. I want to use some beads and glass also. Can't wait to see what they say before i start mine. I was going to grout all of it anyhow. I say why not if it is grouted and mosaic anyhow.

o

we've never differentiated a mosaic isn't a mosaic by what tesserae is used here have we? I think mixed media encompasses using anything that can be used, no holds barred - as I said about polyclay! Go for it.

o

The jury is still out on the peeps, though

o

Okey dokey Pinocchio!!!

o

you know that doesn't rhyme ...right? lol

o

Yep, but its something I used to say when I was a wee lass...

o

and evidently Irish! LOL

o

How about Okey Dokey Hokey Pokey?? I agree, anything that can be put down and grouted counts as mosaic. Workin' on those peeps!

o

Show off...
Okey dokey burnt and smokey.

o

yes but how to seal a peap for grouting.... mmmmmmmmmmm

I still want to staple one!

o
peep

Smear thinset on it then cover it in Fun Dip!lol

o

NT- I should think you'd get out your air-powered nail gun for that...or the staple gun...
Do it.

o

Oh man,,,, we have one of those too! LOL

o

WHHHEWWW! So glad to hear that beads are Okey Dokey Pokey!
Cause mine has both glass and beads....couldn't resist...it was just calling for it!

o

Good..I was pretty sure beads were ok as we had always used them before and mine has beads too!!!

o

OK, don't want to appear to be trying to upset the apple cart...but does it HAVE to be grouted?? Not to give anything away, but I am considering something I may not grout, but would still be a mixed media mosaic kind of thing. I'm not completely settled on my idea, so need to know before I do. Thanks!

o

I'm not sure grout makes a mosaic. I mean heck Laurie Mika calls her stuff mosaics and she rarely grouts...

o

Kewl! Thanks! Makes my life easier! Actually if I don't grout it, it will be the first mosaic I HAVEN'T grouted. Ok, the first one that wasn't SUPPOSED to be grouted anyway. I am sitting here within a foot or two of several TBG's...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here