Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasusanna

Spring Exchange Questions

bamasusanna
16 years ago

I'm being tempted to use a lot of beads, but does that make it more of a "beaded ball" than a "mosaiced ball"?

Comments (19)

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

In my opinion it doesnt.I say it is still a mosaiced ball!!I guess you'll have to see what others say!!

• gretch1964
    16 years ago

Oh i was wondering the same thing. I want to use some beads and glass also. Can't wait to see what they say before i start mine. I was going to grout all of it anyhow. I say why not if it is grouted and mosaic anyhow.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

we've never differentiated a mosaic isn't a mosaic by what tesserae is used here have we? I think mixed media encompasses using anything that can be used, no holds barred - as I said about polyclay! Go for it.

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

The jury is still out on the peeps, though

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okey dokey Pinocchio!!!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

you know that doesn't rhyme ...right? lol

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yep, but its something I used to say when I was a wee lass...

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

and evidently Irish! LOL

• rchovey
    16 years ago

How about Okey Dokey Hokey Pokey?? I agree, anything that can be put down and grouted counts as mosaic. Workin' on those peeps!

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Show off...
    Okey dokey burnt and smokey.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

yes but how to seal a peap for grouting.... mmmmmmmmmmm

I still want to staple one!

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Smear thinset on it then cover it in Fun Dip!lol

• mmqchdygg
    16 years ago

NT- I should think you'd get out your air-powered nail gun for that...or the staple gun...
    Do it.

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

Oh man,,,, we have one of those too! LOL

• livnlife
    16 years ago

WHHHEWWW! So glad to hear that beads are Okey Dokey Pokey!
    Cause mine has both glass and beads....couldn't resist...it was just calling for it!

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Good..I was pretty sure beads were ok as we had always used them before and mine has beads too!!!

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

OK, don't want to appear to be trying to upset the apple cart...but does it HAVE to be grouted?? Not to give anything away, but I am considering something I may not grout, but would still be a mixed media mosaic kind of thing. I'm not completely settled on my idea, so need to know before I do. Thanks!

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

I'm not sure grout makes a mosaic. I mean heck Laurie Mika calls her stuff mosaics and she rarely grouts...

• ladyronnie
    16 years ago

Kewl! Thanks! Makes my life easier! Actually if I don't grout it, it will be the first mosaic I HAVEN'T grouted. Ok, the first one that wasn't SUPPOSED to be grouted anyway. I am sitting here within a foot or two of several TBG's...

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!