Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_strawberrygoat

for clarity.....

aka_strawberrygoat
15 years ago

it gets sorta complicated, trying to be just one person..so, if you read a post from me, in either 'seaglassic' or aka strawberrygoat, I'm working on a solid identity..lol

thing is, is that I legally changed my own name, last name, a couple of months ago.

I was given a key to my mom's house, from my brother, who is taking care of my mom.

he said..get what you want and when you're done, we're putting it on the market.

in the piles of things, mostly sentimental to me, and also art supplies, I came across my own legal adoption papers.

I always knew I was adopted but I had never, ever seen the actual papers.

my natural mother died, when I was 16 days old. one aunt took me home from the hospital and my grandfather tried to adopt me but my other aunt came to the state I was and took me home with her. I was later adopted at 7 years old. I had been told I was 5...hmmmm

anyway, years and years have gone by...not without always having that 'missing piece' in my heart.

well, I turned 60 this year and decided it was my day to claim my own destiny..a little late but what the heck!

the day I found the papers, on rice paper, I saw my birth name in bold print.

that was on a Saturday...I went to court, to petition for a legal name change on that following Monday.

and then, went to court that following Thursday...

with the name change, came an unexpected change in my inner peace.

I've been sorting things out in my mind, house, studio, storage, family, ancestry and all aspects of my life, as I knew it.

so again, if you know who I am and I should post by any other name, I will remain strawberrygoat on line..lol

that's a story in itself...

thanks, I realized I posted yesterday and today, with two different screen names..

Becky .....;(*_*); strawberrygoat

in beautiful, flooded, stormy Washington State

Comments (2)

Sponsored