Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stjohnsgypsy

So far 2008 HAS not been good

stjohnsgypsy
16 years ago

My Bunny Foo Foo died either late New Yrs. Eve or early AM New Yrs. Day...have had him for 7 years...followed me home from Farmer's Mkt.........he was my gardening buddy and my outside mosaic buddy....would let him lose in my veg. garden when I was weeding, etc..fenced in area...and I have a table set up by his cage, and would grout and mosaic while he watched..........today, my rescue dog, Jackie, part basset/possum has disappeared.........no signs anywhere.........have scouted my property all morning, drove the area and Heather, my daughter came over this afternoon and did the same.............disappeared! It's sad............things happen in 3's for me........this spooks me.............I bawled all morning New Yrs. Day......still hoping Jackie wanders back.......he never leaves...................he's boogered.

Comments (19)

• rosemarythyme
    16 years ago

Oh I'm so sorry Gypsy! SLOW was telling me about your troubles at lunch today. You know until we got these two rascally cats I could never really understand how attached people get to their petchildren. NOW I do! And I would be devastated if anything happened to them. How sweet that FooFoo would keep you company while you worked! Maybe you could make him a nice mosaic marker to remember him by. Here's hoping Jackie will wander back home soon.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Oh Janet, I am so sorry for your loss! I would be devastated if something happened to my dog Missy so I can't even imagine how bad it would be to happen to 2 of my dear pets! I hope Jackie wanders home again ASAP!

Barb

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

I'm so sorry for your losses.

Praying Jackie wanders back.

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Around here, rabbits die out every 7 yrs, it's nature or something. I had a black rabbit, I called Midnight! He was like 22lbs!!! What a sad day you are having....Jane

• meadel
    16 years ago

I am sorry for your loss. Sometimes it hits harder than losing a human. Pets are just so understanding and 100 percent forgiving.
    I am adding my prayers to everyone else's that Jack comes back. ( Is he chipped?) Maybe he scouting for another bunny? They feel sad vibes too!
    Please keep us informed.
    Lori
    Ps. Don't attract the negative! The third will be a GOOD thing!

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

Oh Darn Gypsy. So sorry about FooFoo. I hope Jackie comes back soon safe and sound. We get so attached to out fur babies. I was devistated when we lost our old doggie 4 years ago. Still hard to talk about him.

I agree with Meadel. The third will ge good.

Chris

• toomuchglass
    16 years ago

MY heart goes out to you ..... I Hope #3 NEVER HAPPENS.

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Nope no #3 for you....Im so sorry about your bunny and I really hope Jackie shoes back up!!!! We finally felt ready to get a new puppy after losing our shephard over 3 years ago....I feel your pain...

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Sorry, how heartbreaking! NO NuMBER 3! and maybe #2 will show back up!!

Maria

• stjohnsgypsy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the kind words everyone...I went out scouting last night...thought he'd recognize the sound of my car...he always greeted me every evening when I drove in the driveway from work.....drove around some neighborhoods very slow..stopping, staring in yards...surprised some people didn't call the cops on this suspicious car!!He's just vanished........never wanders off? I live in the country, however, when I moved here I was alone, and now there are houses popping up everywhere......arrrggg..Not giving up.....yet........I keep looking at his path that he has made just knowing he will be waddling down it. Rosie, I am going to mosaic a bunny for Foo's Foo's grave...we have a pet cemetery where all of our pets have been laid....how weird is that, huh! I think after a stressful holiday with my "human family," that all this has just iced the cake! IT IS WHAT IT IS! Again, thanks for thoughts and prayers...

• klinger
    16 years ago

Aughh, so sorry about your bad start to the year. Things will get better, and I hope Jackie just shows up at your door good as can be,
    Cindy

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

oh Gypsy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope your puppy comes home

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Gypsy, How ya doing?

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

losing a pet is tramatic, no matter what.
    I think it's especially hard, when you just don't have a clue what's happened. there's never any closure.
    we have a pet cemetery in my yard, too.
    oh, the pets that have been laid to rest out there.

and I especially love the movie "where the red fern grows"
    I hope so much for you, that the dog comes home.

.(*_*).

• seaglassic
    16 years ago

I also wish so much for the return of your dog..
    with no idea of where he is, there's never closure.

so very sorry.

• stjohnsgypsy
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, I've accepted that he is gone......but feeling like he is not dead......that someone has him......and he is trying to escape........I know he has to miss his home as much as he is missed here......rascal! He has been here for all those years and has never wandered........maybe a female was in heat and he still has his nuts and bolts, so you know how men are.......and maybe someone picked him up if he did wander.......he would go to anyone...friendly dog. Strange coming home and him not greeting me....living out in the country, I really didn't worry......we keep our bloodhound in his pen and walk him on a leash...as he would wander....of course, Schnauzer would take off like a rocket if he had the opportunity.......but Jackie just never wandered? I've called both animal shelters, animal control and have scouted and banged on doors......no sighting!

• meadel
    16 years ago

That's not what I wanted to hear! I can totally relate. This happened to me 30 years ago and I can still feel the pain. Not that's what you want to hear either, but maybe... If you ever want to talk please email me.
    I take some comfort in that my Liza who was such a friendly dog, ( once jumped into the window of a car stopped at a red light) went to a family who just needed her more than me. Never easy.
    Sending you a great big hug.
    Lori

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

Yes, perhaps he is entertaining a lady friend and will be home soon. I'll keep thinking about you!

• Shades_of_idaho
    16 years ago

If you have a local paper I would place an add. Also a female will be in heat for three weeks so he could hang out there for a couple of them.

Maybe Craig's list has a place for lost pets. I never looked but it is well read.

I hope he comes bck to you.

Chris

Sponsored